Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: AGM Deep Cycle Battery

Post Thanks / Like

Default AGM Deep Cycle Battery

Anybody use these types of battery

I have one of these in my boat, it is much smaller and lighter than a regular flooded type battery but costs 2-3 times more.

I took my boat out last weekend for the first time and ran the trolling motor for hours with no problems
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

GC, I read that you had all the goodies already, was wondering if'n you had an automatic battery charger? I bought one less than a year ago and wish I'd done it sooner. Mine came from wally world for about $30, and shuts itself down and goes into maintain mode never boiling the battery. Way cool for cheap money. Just wanted to mention it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    GC, I read that you had all the goodies already, was wondering if'n you had an automatic battery charger? I bought one less than a year ago and wish I'd done it sooner. Mine came from wally world for about $30, and shuts itself down and goes into maintain mode never boiling the battery. Way cool for cheap money. Just wanted to mention it.

I have one but this is what I usually do to be honest.

I have a 12 volt charger that is a solar panel, when I get finished fishing, I just plug that solar panel in the 12 volt outlet on the boat and lay it on top of the cover.... went out there a few mins ago and pushed the charge indicator and it said fully charged:D

If I need it fast I use the plug in charger, if I don't need it fast I just let the sun charge it
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack