Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: reel repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default reel repair

does anyone know a school that teaches reel repair?

Post Thanks / Like

I got interested and researched it a couple of years ago. I ended up buying a dvd from one at Lake Fork I think! If you want to save some money, what the dvd teaches is to have a large enough flat surface and put down a white piece of paper. On the paper put numbers 1-50 leaving enought room for the parts of which most are small. As you take the reel apart place each piece on the paper next to the number as you remove it. After you have cleaned each part just start at the last part and reassemble in reverse order. Most arent that hard, i took several of mine apart, cleaned them lubed them and put em back together they all work and I had enough left over parts to build another reel!!!!! kidding. For your first one you may want to use a reel thats not real important to you just in case you have problems.....but its alot easier than I thought it was going to be. I use a tv tray I had in the garage that just happens to have a lip on it all the way around. Sprayed it white and i was good to go.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Also ....

something important to know : what to grease & what to oil

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Here's your best bet.

http://www.lakeforktacklerepair.com/

I've purchased the DVD and do my own. I know Connie and Tommy personally as well. Good folks. The DVD is money well spent. They also do repair work on Shimano reels only. And if you're really really interested in learning about reel repair and the business, they offer in person instruction at their shop.

Tell 'em Wannabe sent ya and says hi.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.