Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clearwater or Mark Twain something withing 2-3hrs form St Louis?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clearwater or Mark Twain something withing 2-3hrs form St Louis?

My Truman trip got cancelled and now I am looking for something closer to home so I can fish just for a day. I don't want to drive 4+ hours to Truman just for a day trip so I was considering a couple closer alternatives. within 2-3 hours from St Louis.

I was thinking about running to any of the following and wanted to know if any of you have fished or heard anything good about the following. Clearwater, Mark Twain or Rend Lake

My plan is to leave late Friday night or even early Saturday morning and then heading home that night.

I would include Wap but I hear the spawn is over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I've heard is that MT is SLOW with the cold front and rain. If I was fishing this weekend I'd go south!

Post Thanks / Like

Just go back from MT and the fishing is real slow. Only very small fish biting with the cold weather. Need some hot dry weather to bring them back on again.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I fished clearwater hard all day yesterday and didn't get a bite. Got down there late Saturday night and fished for a couple hours and got a few small bluegil on jigs and a channel cat on my minnow.

Water temps were 55-58 and a week ago they were 62+ according to MDC reports.

Better luck next time I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

mdc was reporting MTL 60, but all we could find was 53-54 degrees. LOZ had some 60 degree water. Still not a major spawn, hope it still happens, it had better start warming soon.