Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Past Weekend at Osage Bluff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Past Weekend at Osage Bluff

Mrs JJ and I headed to Osage Bluff after work Friday night and camped out. We fished Saturday and caught 21. We would have caught our limit but our realtor called and had an offer on our house so we had to wind things up, get the fish cleaned and try to find a fax machine that worked. We ended up going to WalMart in Warsaw to get the fax

Due to all the excitement Sat, we did not get any pics - sorry guys, but we took pictures of the fish we caught Sunday We ended up with 18 and only fished until around 1. Most of the ones we caught Sunday were really nice:D:D

We caught a few casting to the bank and reeling back, we caught several on cedars in 20-30 ft of water fishing 10-12 ft deep. We were using a bait call Wasshoppah - pumpkin orange on a 1/8 ou yellow jig head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

N I C E --- JJ's......Looks like a great weekend!! Thanks for the pic's. Going to get up there one of these days, when your there. Need all the help I can get. Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Sounds like fun.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, those are sure dandies! Congrats. Were they hitting pretty steady throughout the day? Or better early in the morning?
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grb22 View Post
    Nicely done, those are sure dandies! Congrats. Were they hitting pretty steady throughout the day? Or better early in the morning?
    We did seem to catch more in the morning - unfortunately there was no specific pattern We would catch one on a cedar tree and then be moving over to more structure dragging the jig behind (basically slow trolling) and catch one out in the middle of no where - of course there is no telling what structure they were on that you can't see, but the graph didn't show anything specific and we don't have a side imagier to really be able to "see" the places where they are hanging out. Most of them didn't "hit" the jig very hard - they were just there - if you know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle and I had the same pattern going. Pop one in a cedar - usually one per tree, and then drag in the middle of nowhere and get a hog. They're just all scattered out, some of them in open water adjacent to trees. Fun.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking fish JJ's... they sure look good laying on the back deck of that new boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking catch. Glad to see that they are still biting. Keep posting pics of the catched yall it keeps me going while I'm in the giant cat litter box!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave