Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 4/27

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Smithville 4/27

3 of use fished from 4pm tell dark kept 23 10-12in. scattered but close to the bank.The females look to have eggs. Jim C.

crappiedave Guest

Default smithville

been catching lots of fish in sailboat cove. dont know what front will do.

Post Thanks / Like

crappiedave where is a good place to launch a boat that it doesn't cost a arm & leg price went up to 17 bucks for truck & boat. Do you know how much a season pass will cost. Jim C.

crappiedave Guest

Default smithville

season pass for boat and car is $90.00. only free ramp I know of is up by plattsburg.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim C, It's $90 for a season pass... $65 for boat and $25 for vehicle. Still cheaper than psychiatry or booze! There is one free ramp south of Hwy 116 near Plattsburg. Don't know the designation of the gravel road leading to it. Concrete ramp but no dock to tie up. Better have a keel protector or an aluminum boat.

Spent 5 hrs on the lake Wednesday... NW wind and temps in the 50's... No bites until about 3pm when I tried the first cove south of Hwy W (west side of the lake) 5 of 6 were over 10" ... Fished ruby reds 2-3' under a float in 4-5' of water. Fish still on ice .. We'll see how many are carrying eggs...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I like smithville real nice lake to fish. Thanks for the info one more question where do you get a season pass. I mainly fish during the week less boat traffic. Jim C. If you see a blue 180w Lowe from KS. thats me.
    Last edited by Jim C.; 04-28-2005 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

SS,no dock to tie up but bank is all mud,just watch for that 1 stump just east of the launch.Nice place to launch if you want to save money,avoid crowds,have privacy,see wildlife....just not many pwc's to mess with

Post Thanks / Like

If you see a silver flake Champion Mean 16 bass boat that looks way too small for the guy in it... and too many poles for a bassboat... That's me... 15' 8'' is SHORT for for a 6'4" 250lb guy... hence the name... Jon Storie was the founder of Champion. Can't resist puns (probably why I'm fishing alone so much). My old boat was a 82 Lowe...
    The "Lowelife" ... Would have made a better handle for the forum but it finally gave up the ghost last fall.