Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got these today and need some info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got these today and need some info

I was allowed, by some people that had moved, to go thru their house and get what I wanted that they left behind. I was in the garage and found an old metal tackle box and these were in it. The wooden lure has no markings so I dont know what it is so please help. I have never seen real cork bobbers before so need info on them. Should I put these in a safe place because they are valuable or put em in a display case with some of the other old fishing stuff I have?
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet.The lure look's like an old Heddon of some kind.I have never seen in my life the cork bobber's.If the lure is very old the hook's have been replaced.Stainless steel is pretty modern for a hook if that is what they are.The eyelet look's like it's made of tin or something different.I would think a display case would be very nice.Excellent catch fo4.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen those kinds of corks either lol. Nor the lure lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

The old plug looks to be a Heddon Meadow Mouse [ they usually have no tails left] the corks are harder to type. you did well!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put them in a display case.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    I have never seen those kinds of corks either lol. Nor the lure lol.
    You both just gave away your ages.

I have and used those style corks.
    Signed
    Young whippersnapper:D:D
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bob,Im 41 yrs old.Do you think the hook's have been replaced?What about the eyelet?Are those bobber's homemade?I would really love to know.I dont know anything about this stuff other than it's before my time,maybe not the lure.The lure is a heddon I think,and the hook's look like some sort of steel.Im more curious about the bobber's.I dont mind being wrong at all.I would love your input on this.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipped Cork View Post
    Hey bob,Im 41 yrs old.Do you think the hook's have been replaced?What about the eyelet?Are those bobber's homemade?I would really love to know.I dont know anything about this stuff other than it's before my time,maybe not the lure.The lure is a heddon I think,and the hook's look like some sort of steel.Im more curious about the bobber's.I dont mind being wrong at all.I would love your input on this.
    Those type bobbers use to be common. Guess I telling my age too. :D
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The one on the right looks home made for sure. The ones we used as a kid were round balls of cork with a red pin that looks like the pin in the one on the left. They had a small hole through the middle that I guess you could use it as a slip or peg it fixed to your line.

Post Thanks / Like

So how old are those bobber's?I do know they are before me.I love old thing's as they all tell a story about the past.IBNFSHN I would love to hear about your first few trip's fishing.Tell it like it was and dont leave any detail out.Im sure we will laugh or cry and it wont make any difference to us weather you had fun or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast