Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 4/27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 4/27

Fished tonight after work, buddy and myself caught our limits. Had to burn alot of gas to do it. You would only catch 2 or 3 a dock then had to fly out of there. All females 11"-14" had little to no eggs in them. Only females to have eggs where the 9" & 10" runts, we tossed them. Weighted only 10.75 on 10 biggest, The only 14" only weight out a 1.15 typical for this time of year and no eggs. If a 13" male weighs a pound.. you better check your scale..becuase it might be off! Looks like the rest of the week, might have to drag the rain coat for fishing this weekend. Chatted with several at the ramp at the end of the night, all had found the males still guarding the nest but no big females to found. It might not be over but the big ones are done. Should have been there a week ago.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, where did you fish? because i went yesterday evening on the main channel and caught the biggest females i have caught all spring and they were still full of eggs,but up in the glaize it is a different story i believe they are done there also.By biggest i mean 11-13 inchers and they were suspended 10' over 30ft of water when we get a couple warm days and nights it will be over and i'll be glad it will make them easier to pattern.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

This was in the gravios, I would say that the main channel still has time to produce the big ones. Yeah the pattern last night was a tough one, most where in 10-18', 4 foot down. Just deep enough to get away from the clear water. Best tatic was to count down 4 seconds and then start to reel. I wish the lake would muddy up again would make it alot easier.

Whats your plans for truman on the days you are going to be there?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report guys! Friends fished the 26mm yesterday and caught male and females, 11-14 inchers but as TAE reported only two or three on a dock location, then move and catch one or two then move. Took them about 4 hours to catch the 30, they kept all 11 inchers or bigger. Good luck going again Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default gravios

TAE, went down and fished those docks you told me about today after the rain stopped, same thing again but the garage dock was hot caught about 15 there, most deeper this time, even caught a couple of males that were rail thin had 2 with eggs the rest I guess were spawn out............not many people out today.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, what time did you fish?
    Last edited by TAE73; 04-28-2005 at 10:22 PM.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

I fished from 2 till 6 not my favorite times but i had to work that morning. as far as truman goes chatt and i are gonna meet at hickory holler and put in at windsor crossing and try to pattern the fish. chatt is wanting to cover alot of water to find some big fish i suspect we will start on some deep trees with all this cold weather and if they are not there we will move shallower till we find them. know any good spots on truman? I dont think im gonna get to fish much this weekend i have to work sat but if i get finished i will get to go sun.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

How long are you staying down? I have Chatts cell so I might get a hold of you all Wedn night to see if your up for dinner and beers. We only fished from 4:30 to 8:00. There is some good fishing to be had around windsor crossing, I know alot of people hit that early in the year for crappie. I have never fished there but you better becareful and stay in the channel. Lots of subridged trees that love to have motor or boat for lunch. I think my fishings is only going to happen tomorrow Sat for the holligian bay tourn. Then looks like I have to mow and bale my yard sunday. I am ready for the truman trip, just have to make it thru some long nights at work. Also I sent you a PM.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Default bugman

sent you a pm

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check out Cedar Creek out. We did fair there earlier this week- big fish too (13-14" females). Hit the cedar trees especially.