I got up early for some bassin' and the weather looked perfect! I started at auburn lake where I did well last year at this time. I started working the shore cover with a fluke, there was lots of wood cover and the water was high, usually a good combo, but nothing was going at all in the shallows.
I ties out on the outside weedline, nothing, over the tops of the grass on the flats, nothing. Hmmm.
Time to switch lakes, I decided Steiger is usually reliable for bass. I started hitting my usual spots with no bites.
As the water warmed up a bit, I started getting a few bites but no hook ups, a lot of the time they would drop the bait before i could set the hook.
I saw some huge carp in the shallows and decided to try to get one. I had corn along and tried to sight fish for them. I had a few look, but they were really spooky and would disappear at the slightest movement.
I tried dragging the corn along the bottom, hoping to luck into one but the bluegills kept stealing my corn.
Finally my line moved sideways and I set into a good fish! I was expecting a drag singing hard run by a big ol carp, instead I was greeted to a rather lethargic fight of a about 2 pound largemouth bass.
I used him to get some underwater photos, then I fished a bit more, saw a few nice carp and got another bass, and that was it. I guess the bass were on a corny pattern today!

pics for the day...http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2008/05...s-morning.html