Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hot Colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Colors

What color tubes and other plastics are you using here in Florida. Fav brands are cool too.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't look like you will get too many responses on this one. Its been two days. I wish I could contribute, but I've never fished Florida for crappie. The one color I do really well on for crappie in this South Georgia black water, is a blue n' silver 2" Kalins curly tail. Other than that....I do not know.

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok, I'm in no rush. Maybe its like they say around here and people only fish for crappie during the spawn and then switch to bass lol

I just got a large order of tubes in lots of colors so hope to hit on some good colors tomorrow. I hope the weather holdsout.

Swanie Guest

Default Color

Hi! Go to the Florida site and look at the old post on kissimmee river by Swanie. I put in the color and type of jig I was using. I was down there all winter long and we caught a lot of crappies.

Later Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida Jig fishing

I too fished all winter [Weather and other activities considered] in the Harris chain, primarily Little and Big Harris. All of my Specks were caught on Tube Jigs, using [what I call "Insider Lead Heads mostly 1/16 oz.] with 1 1/2"
    tube Bodies.
    As far as colors go I usually tried to go dark when conditions were dark and light when conditions were lighter.
    My favorite colors are Black, Orange, Red, Motor Oil, and any light color preferably with silver or gold flakes and Chartruse tails.

Now back in KY> enjoying the fruits of the winter fishing season. Have a Sunday School Class Fish Fry coming up in June. Expect I will have to fry
    up enough to feed 60-70.
    Enjoy my fishing 3 times. Catching, eating and fish fries for others.
    Joe

QUOTE=Swanie]Hi! Go to the Florida site and look at the old post on kissimmee river by Swanie. I put in the color and type of jig I was using. I was down there all winter long and we caught a lot of crappies.

Later Swanie[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig colors

I found that if its overcast or getting dark the bright charteuse works really good (yum brand beaver tail K-mart) When the sun comes out white, or anything with red works, I like the bass assassin 1.5" shad on a 1/16 oz lead with red hook. Sun fly makes some really good jigs also, Red head blue body with white feathers work great. I fished bryant this morning and caught 15 eating size fish and every one was caught on that YUM charteuse jig, they make 2 kinds a curly tail and a beaver tail and both really caught them. Flipped a craw for bass first 2 hours I was there but fish would rather run from it than eat it, I brought my speck poles with me just in case that happened, thank god. Caught a couple really good size ones back on little lake bryant.