PDA

View Full Version : Nice Illinois Crappie

slabhappy
04-18-2004, 08:56 PM
http://www.dynamiccontrolsinc.com/images/ilcrappie.JPG
Caught this one this weekend on a Southern Pro tube (blue metal flake and clear sparkles) fished under a bobber in 7 ft water. 14" 2.2 lbs
Slab

Kenny
04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey Slab..nice fish...I am in central Illinois....would you mind telling me what lake you caught those fish from? Thanks...Kenny..P.S....I probably shouldn't say anything before you answer my question but I just havta tell ya.....that is a nice picture of you and your fish but that hat just kinda dampens the mood..now if it was a Bears hat...LOL

lebruce
04-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Nice fish slabhappy ;) Did you get it from a pond or lake ?

slabhappy
04-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey Slab..nice fish...I am in central Illinois....would you mind telling me what lake you caught those fish from? Thanks...Kenny..P.S....I probably shouldn't say anything before you answer my question but I just havta tell ya.....that is a nice picture of you and your fish but that hat just kinda dampens the mood..now if it was a Bears hat...LOL
Kenny,
Been a Packer Fan since age four. Hey the Bears can get better after Favre retires! Anyway this fish is from Banner East Access. There are some real wall hangers in there. The problem is that there is a ton of 7" fish along with them. If you go, check out the back slough along the levee. You have to be pretty stealthy. I usually fish a jig under a bobber 8-14" and vertical jig in the heavy brush. Caught about 30 or so last Saturday but only 5 keepers.
They are not yet spawning but this warm weather will soon get them going.
P.S.
There are a lot of Bass tournaments at Banner so watch the papers and try to go when there not having a tournament. (only 1 single ramp)

Good Luck and Good Fishin'
slab

Slab
04-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Nice fish, and nice pic. I see you got the hang of the board. Packer fan, that's OK too, I'm kinda a Packer Fan too, especially since the Bears have done so well lately. Yes, a fair weather fan.

Rees Guide
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
http://www.dynamiccontrolsinc.com/images/ilcrappie.JPG
Caught this one this weekend on a Southern Pro tube (blue metal flake and clear sparkles) fished under a bobber in 7 ft water. 14" 2.2 lbs
Slab

Couldn't buy a bite on a mistake this morning and its been real good last couple of weeks

short grub
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
cant see the pic

CrappiePappy
07-09-2013, 03:52 PM
:Rofl ... now this one may well be the oldest revived thread so far (9yrs & change) :Doh:

It's so old, the original posting member is listed as a "guest" :yikes (which means he hasn't posted anything in several years & his "membership" got axed with all the updates/upgrades)

Sorry, Rees ... couldn't help myself :peacesmile

... cp :kewl

feelay
07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
:Rofl

skiptomylu
07-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Where in the world did you find this thread? In the prehistoric section, LOL?

catchncrisco
07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Too funny...