Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gas thieves

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas thieves

Folks,
    Put a locking gas cap on your vehicle while parked at the boat launch during fishing trips. Law Inforcement blogs in Mass/RI/CT/ME tell of desperate folks targeting sportsman's trucks pulling boat trailers in order to steal their fuel while they are out on the lake. Big Trucks take $100 to fill them up hauling their rigs to the lakes, only to find them mostly siphoned out when they get back at the end of the day. Desperate times for desperate people

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is that it is a pretty risky proposition to siphon gas like that. I know that I , or most people I know, wouldn't take too kindly to coming back to find some d-bag stealing my gas. They better hope they can get away fast, and that goes for me seeing anyone's truck in the lot being messed with. My buddy had his trailer stolen while out on the lake, and all I know is there is someone out there with whole lot of bad karma coming their way.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of people that had locking caps on and they would just knock a hole in the bottom of the gas tank and drain the tank in several buckets and that it ruins the gas tank and you are in even worse shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they just had that on the news tonight.
    That would be a terrable expense!
    I wonder if insurance would cover that.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the thieves here, only they steal your tackle off your dock, batteries, buckets,anchors,fuel,outboard oil...man we priced outboard oil the other day, Mercury Quicksilver $29.95 a gallon!!!our boat trips are going to be shorter so we can get more trips on a tankfull.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance would cover the damage to the gas tank and the stolen gas, subject to your deductible. It would be a Comprehensive claim under the Automobile Policy.

Post Thanks / Like

From what the local news said they are hitting the trucks with non medal gas tanks so they can drill into them
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

A locking gas cap not only for theives but to keep people from contaminating your gas. Which is what happened to my daughters car a couple of weeks ago. NOt only did they mess up the gas but whatever they put in it about wrecked the motor. It ended up costing around $2.500,00 in damages. The insurance paid but she had to come up with the deductable.
    Last edited by beagler; 05-31-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple years ago we had problem in our neighborhood with gas theives. I had an old 6 gallon metal gas can that had about 4 gallons of 3 year old 2 stroke mix gas in it. We topped it off so it smelled good and added some sugar to it. Put it out front like it was forgot. We found the crackheads with can in back of truck the next morning claiming to have bought bad gas and needing a ride. We gave them a little southern justice and left them. Didnt have problems after that. Just too bad it aint that isolated a case anymore.