Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend at Warsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend at Warsaw

My wife son and I spent the 3 day weekend in Warsaw. We got there late Saturday due to the stormy weather. Tried to catfish, it was real slow. Went out with our lights and tried to crappie fish. We got into the white bass and hybrids. If you didn't want to caught one, you had to keep your hook out of the water. The white bass and shad were jumping out of the water all around the boat, hitting the side and once one jumped over my sons pole. We had a blast, but we don't keep white bass so no fish in the live well. On Sunday my son and I went out late and limited out on crappie down river from Warsaw. The Crappie were still in 2 to 2 1/2 feet of water, fishing a foot to foot and 1/2 deep. (first picture) 2nd picture is a 25 inch walleye my son caught on cut bait while we were cat fishing. That was fun, but with a mouth full of teeth and the gill plates, hard to handle. Monday, my wife and I went out about 9:30 a.m. and limited out on the crappie by 11:30 a.m. Then we fished caught and release for the rest of the day. Minnows and jigs were both good. My son had to go home and work on Monday, so we don't have a picture of Mondays fish. Looks like the spawn is just about over there.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

good pics- nice fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin stringer's guys.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

great job

john b.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you don't like white bass ya think ya might want to reveal where you got into the frenzy? We hunt for them sometimes. Our niece refused to leave one time until she got her limit, she was using a Scoobie Doo pole and it screamed the drag until she had her limit, she was 7 at the time, I think we have another fishing addict in the family. My wife and father-in-law went to the old river channel below where the current meets and caught some nice crappie and a few white bass on Friday. Nice stringer-o-slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! Sounds like a great trip.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pic's and great fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gpocruiser View Post
    Since you don't like white bass ya think ya might want to reveal where you got into the frenzy? We hunt for them sometimes. Our niece refused to leave one time until she got her limit, she was using a Scoobie Doo pole and it screamed the drag until she had her limit, she was 7 at the time, I think we have another fishing addict in the family. My wife and father-in-law went to the old river channel below where the current meets and caught some nice crappie and a few white bass on Friday. Nice stringer-o-slabs.
    Just below the dam, on the north side, first buey from the bank, about 25 yards down stream from the buey. Just at dark, put out our green light and overhead light and just a few minute the shad, minnows, white bass and hybrids moved in. It was crazy until 10 p.m. when we went in. The people without a light in the water were catching a few, but the light was the key.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG...Bait Eating.....Your freezer gettin crowded?....Let me know, I think I have some room....Soundsl like a great Memorial weekend!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding, guys. Sounds like a great weekend for you and your son. One to remember.

Jim
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast