Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Condensation Inside the Fishfinder?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condensation Inside the Fishfinder?

Anyone else ever had this happen? Its the Eagle 320 and works great, but about two weeks ago, it was in an inverted position on my boat and we had heavy rains one night. I usually bring it in, but forgot. If it had been setting straight up, I don't think it would have mattered. Not sure how the moisture got inside, but it did and it fogged up the screen.

I set it on the dash of my vehicle one bright and sunny day and it cleared up. I thought the problem was temporary, but I noticed today more condensation had formed. Tells me it didn't completely dry out the first time I set it on the dash.

I am wondering if I should send it back to have it checked out, or just put it back on the dash and let it dry for a few more days in the sunlight?

Any suggestions?
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will send it in and let them check it out. Odds are, since it is less than one year old, they will just replace it with a new unit. I just hate to be without it for a few weeks and I know it will be a while making it's way through the process.

I bought it at the BassPro shop in Oklahoma City. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they can do anything about it. Not sure what their return policy is and will call them later today.

Thanks for your reply.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

my hummingbird got moisture init and i opened it upand dried it out . i noticed a crack in the case in the back . . sent one back 0years ago and they sent it back and cant remember if there was a charges `. is the eagle `made in aklahoma . i know there is a depthfinder made there some where
    retired and now i will always fish