Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Big Thank You......

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile A Very Big Thank You......

There are so many individuals who come into your life for a season or perhaps for a reason. I owe a debt of gratitude to people like "Slab", "Pappy", "Smoothelures" and "Skiptomylou" for their kind words and messages. However, there is one individual on this board who has been a great inspiration to me and a just want to publically acknowledge him and say thank you. That individual is my "Spare" dad...aka Bob #1

Bob Spare came into my life just two and one half years after my father passed away. We bonded instantly because of both of our passion for teaching individuals about crappie fishing. www.crappiebasics.com He really is a great person and if you have not seen the crappie basics CD, I would encourage you to do so.

I know at least 350 of you have received a free copy of my Shipahoy 41 BMW fishing tips booklet. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=63635 and now, Lord willing, these tips will be on a CD / PDF format and available to all who have a thirst for knowledge of crappie fishing. There will be a minimal fee for the CD Shipahoy41 Fishing Tips

Topics:

1) BMW = Bridges, Man Made Structure, Weeds and Wood
    2) How to tie a basic crappie jig
    3) Why Hair will get you bit
    4) Ideas on the float -n-fly
    5) Float -n- fly diagrams
    6) The Wooly Bugger and Wooly Worm
    7) Importance of a tight line
    8) Fishing in the weeds
    9) Anatomy of a hair jig
    10) Fishing Structure
    11) Tackle Selection
    12) Bait Selection
    13) How to dye hair
    14) Bobbers and bobber stops
    15) Tips and Tricks

Also, the target date is now July 2008 for the new and revised launching of my new website, a new lineup of jigs,and the availablity of the CD. Stay tuned...great things are just over the horizon.

BMW = Bridges, Man Made Structure, Weeds and Wood
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 05-28-2008 at 07:29 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Ship. I love your site also
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote: However, there is one individual on this board who has been a great inspiration to me and a just want to publically acknowledge him and say thank you. That individual is my "Spare" dad...aka Bob #1

Bob Spare came into my life just two and one half years after my father passed away. We bonded instantly because of both of our passion for teaching individuals about crappie fishing. www.crappiebasics.com He really is a great person and if you have not seen the crappie basics CD, I would encourage you to do so.

UnQuote

Thank you Son!

You and I will never make much money with the CD's or
    websites.
    Will be lucky to pay the postage, let alone buying jigs, or better yet a patton boat.

But there is one thing, with your knowlege combined with what I have learned, for generations to come we will be teaching from above. As both CDs will be passed down within the families. That will be our rewards.

For those who have supported Shipahoy and myself we are indeed blessed. Thank you all.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

nice tribute ship, thanks to both for your sponsorship and great info.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys ROCK!!! Thanks for all the effort you both put into passing along what you've learned over the years!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob and Ship...Some fellas on here might take you 2 the wrong way and accuse you guys of gettin rich off the sport...BMW's and all..What's next? A private jet from all the proceeds of the CD sales. They accused Earnest Petty of it. I hear EP just took delivery of his new KingAir so maybe you guys are next.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 05-28-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    Hey Bob and Ship...Some fellas on here might take you 2 the wrong way and accuse you guys of gettin rich off the sport...BMW's and all..What's next? A private jet from all the proceeds of the CD sales. They accused Earnest Petty of it. I hear EP just took delivery of his new KingAir so maybe you guys are next.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!
    Skip had over 350 request for FREE information

I had in 1 1/2 weeks 275 request for 18 Page FREE information, as e-mail attachment It is now up to 40+ pages, it is too big to send as attachment.

So I set up webpage thinking people could download it there using the donations route.
    Had over 200 hits and bunch downloaded it. No donations
    to maintain the expences.

SO I shut the download off........ and sent out 100 Disks only 2 people donated.

It cost $1.00 for shipping total of $100.00 not counting disk, color ink, envelopes, and more.

Couldnt afford that so elected to sell it, and encourage Skip behind the scenes to do the same.

The question being, who is taking advantage of who.

Between Skip and myself we helped close to 600 people.

Both of us are on retirement on fixed incomes, currently
    I am in debt over $500 setting this program up.

Mailed out 50 CD's to Texas forum for "Wounded Soldiers"
    program, they got them yesterday. Plus behind the scenes have mailed out troops via personel request via PM's

I will keep teaching and helping, as will Skip, we love what we do, but fair is fair. Believe we are more than fair.

Speaking for Skip and myself
    Thank you to all our supporters
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, You clean up nicely for a crappie fisherman. I have your PDF and it has lots of good info. I haven't done anything with Bob #1's offers as yet. Mr Paty's CD is excellent as you know. Thanks to all of you and to the folks who have taken the time to write the articles posted on this site. Your Love of the sport and your fellow man really shines through. Thanks again.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you as someone that had very limited opportunities to learn fishing with someone to show me how, that I appreciate the information that you guys have compiled and shared.

Bob was ever SO kind to send me one of his CD's with hunks and hunks of knowledge and tips. He shared with me without expectation or request for payment. I haven't had time to really get down and dirty with it, but from browsing through it has a wealth of information!

Bob, I'm ashamed to say, hasn't received anything in even coverage for what he spent mailing it to me. I plan to fix that very soon.

Thank you guys for caring and spending your time trying to help those of us that can really use it!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I try and clean up nicely when I am not in fishing gear. By the way, the BMW was not from winning any fishing tournaments or sale of any jigs. That would not even buy gas for it. I bought the Beamer for myself when I retired after being a school principal and in education for over 30 years. BMW = Black Mike Worked his butt off for it.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 05-28-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast