Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time on Norfork Lake, Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time on Norfork Lake, Arkansas

My wife and I and another couple went to Norfork Lake for a week of fishing a couple weeks ago. Took us 3 days to figure out how to fish the deep clear water. After we finally got the hang of it we did pretty good. It was windy most of the week and rained 2 days but we caught fish every day...I think a person needs to go for about a week and half to 2 weeks instead of one,,that way you take about a half a week to learn the lake and the rest of the time catch fish. We had a great time and would really like to go back. And a very special big thank you to Darryl Morris who gave me some tips on where to try and one of them worked out very well. Here are a couple pics of some of our catch...we look like crap after being in the boats all day but what the heck..it sure was fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

now that is what i call a nice mess of fish
    Hey where's my float.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    My wife and I and another couple went to Norfork Lake for a week of fishing a couple weeks ago. Took us 3 days to figure out how to fish the deep clear water. After we finally got the hang of it we did pretty good. It was windy most of the week and rained 2 days but we caught fish every day...I think a person needs to go for about a week and half to 2 weeks instead of one,,that way you take about a half a week to learn the lake and the rest of the time catch fish. We had a great time and would really like to go back. And a very special big thank you to Darryl Morris who gave me some tips on where to try and one of them worked out very well. Here are a couple pics of some of our catch...we look like crap after being in the boats all day but what the heck..it sure was fun.

In spite of being on a new lake I'd say you did well for yourself. I've fished all over AR but never fished Norfork. There are good crappie lakes all over the state, some of my favorites are Nimrod and Blue Mountain Lakes. Have caught some of my best fish in both. Glad you had a good vacation and caught fish. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny did you like Blackburns Resort? They are great people in my mind. Fishing that clear deep water is different, Try Bull Shoals lake some time.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Kenny did you like Blackburns Resort? They are great people in my mind. Fishing that clear deep water is different, Try Bull Shoals lake some time.

Duane....yes we did like Blackburns..the cabin was clean and comfortable and Steve and his wife treated us very well. While we were there we looked at a few other resorts and Blackburns compared well with all of them. We will go back to the same place if we get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great and appears you landed more than a few. Not bad for Norfork. Glad to hear some of the spots you tried worked for you. If I had to guess it was probably the cove behind the Cranfield ramp.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Looks great and appears you landed more than a few. Not bad for Norfork. Glad to hear some of the spots you tried worked for you. If I had to guess it was probably the cove behind the Cranfield ramp.

Darryl,,,yes...that was the spot...thanks buddy...I really appriciated the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good catch

Nice catch - by the way the girls looked good in the pics - can't say much for the other two hairy chinned dudes...lol
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is a fine mess of fish!!!

GREAT JOB!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>