PDA

View Full Version : Boat safety additions....

Cane Pole
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Added the kwik drop pedestal and rear view mirror to my boat. I feel more comfortable when I am alone in the boat with these devices.

I usually have my Sospender life vest on, but, I just got stung in the back of the neck by red wasps when uncovering the boat. Had my old floater vest handy.

Them wasp got me in the neck, cheek (face) and thumb before I could get away. Needless to say, they paid the "ultimate price" for their stings. I hate them suckers.

Only thing bad about the mirror is some old dude is constantly looking at me.:)

Be safe folks.

Tom

plantdr
05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw the mirror in your previous post. I assumed you pulled kids skiing or tubing, These days boats and PWC's can come out of no where . Good idea. I really like that seat though.Do you think it will hold up over time now that you used it? Does it lock in any height position? Thanks for shareing your new goodies.

Cane Pole
05-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I saw the mirror in your previous post. I assumed you pulled kids skiing or tubing, These days boats and PWC's can come out of no where . Good idea. I really like that seat though.Do you think it will hold up over time now that you used it? Does it lock in any height position? Thanks for shareing your new goodies.

Juat one position. about 15 inches. It is well built. Prob outlive me. I like it. Up and down real fast. Mirror for fishin' not skiers. I am the only skier in the family. Yep. I can still ski.

catman
05-28-2008, 05:22 AM
don't have a mirror yet but i love my kwik-drop.

FroggerZack
05-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Tom, is that one of those Tracker Crappie boats? What are your thoughts on it and what HP motor do you have on it?

Cane Pole
05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Tom, is that one of those Tracker Crappie boats? What are your thoughts on it and what HP motor do you have on it?

Yep. It is Pro Crappie 175. Got a 60hp 4 stroke Merc. Runs bout 35mph. Good on gas. Quiet. Good boat. I don't need to go fast.

I bought it for some of the wrong reasons though (price). I did a lot of looking before I bought the Tracker.

I have been fishing with crappiehunter in his Triton lately. First time I had ever fished sitting side by side. Never thought I would like this seating arrangement, but I really like it.

Might get me one of the side by side sitters one day. Never know. Boat marketeers are starting to take a serious look at the Crappie fishing boats arrangements. They need to cater to us. There are more of us than the Bassturds.:D

Kman
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll listen!:D

Watcha need brother? Built quite a few for guys that just crappie fish.

minnowsoaker
05-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I have an 18' Gator Trax duck boat. Everything they build is top notch in quality, craftsmanship and innovation.
Kman I'd love a crappie boat too, but I aint gettin rid of my duck boat ever and one boat is enough for me.
Cane Pole, I like the rearview mirror.

blueball
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
what brand is that rodholder in you boat it looks nice

J White
05-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I need a periscope on mine :)

if I'm trying to save gas and run "just" up on plane, can't
see over my trolling motor too good.

end up with seat up high as it'll go, and my neck stretched
out like an ostrich :D

Cane Pole
05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
what brand is that rodholder in you boat it looks nice

It is a hybrid. The T is Perottibuilt, the holders are Bee Readys and the folding joint is mine (machined by my friend Mt. T.) I got a poor mans patent on the folding unit.;) I swap the rig between boats.

You need one or two of them?

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/Jon%20Boat/IMG_0610.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/Jon%20Boat/IMG_0611.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/Jon%20Boat/IMG_0612.jpg

Cane Pole
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I need a periscope on mine :)

if I'm trying to save gas and run "just" up on plane, can't
see over my trolling motor too good.

end up with seat up high as it'll go, and my neck stretched
out like an ostrich :D

This is cheap. It will work. I gotta hack saw. You can trim off the nose of the boat a little. You have more than enough.:)

Tom

http://anglerslounge.com/proshop/furuno-1623-lcd-radar-p-178.html

skeetbum
05-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Like the rod holders better than what I've seen of the driftmasters. Boat looks comfy. Fish looks nervous.

blueball
05-29-2008, 07:11 PM
thinking about putting 2 inb not really sure just yet , your setup looks nice though