Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling cranks with lead core for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling cranks with lead core for crappie

I brought this up before and didn't find out much, can anyone help me with information. I also check in on the walleye forum and by the numbers of crappie the walleye guys are catching on Stockton I am going to try and figure it out. It can't be as simple as buying lead core putting it on a reel and let it rip or is it?? Just so you know the walleye guys limited out on crappie Saturday at Stockton and caught really nice fish up to 16 inches.

Does anyone have any info???

Post Thanks / Like

I replied to your last post about lead core. There are formulas as to how much leader how deep the lure runs and how much leadcore line to use. I prefer to use snap weights its a lit easier and you don't have to put out as much line. What area were they catching the crappie in. If your going to be at Stockton this weekend I can show you my snap weight system I use. I'll be at Rouark west site 44 from thursday to next wed. I have a grey alumacraft with FISH EM ALL on the side also 2 motors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    I replied to your last post about lead core. There are formulas as to how much leader how deep the lure runs and how much leadcore line to use. I prefer to use snap weights its a lit easier and you don't have to put out as much line. What area were they catching the crappie in. If your going to be at Stockton this weekend I can show you my snap weight system I use. I'll be at Rouark west site 44 from thursday to next wed. I have a grey alumacraft with FISH EM ALL on the side also 2 motors.
    I am not sure if I will be able to fish this weekend or not and won't know til Saturday evening since my son has a baseball tournament on Friday and Saturday in Springfield. It all depends on if they win and are in the finals Sunday. I would love to see the snap weight system. If I can get to the lake it will be Sunday. What part of the lake will you be fishing and I will look for you. Thanks for the help.

They are fishing 2 areas of the lake, around 215 bridge and Sons creek.

You have a PM

Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish from Ruark bluff West to and past birch creek and the bluffs a little farther south. Were going to do a little more searching this trip and try and find some of the walleye also. I'll probley check out sons creek and the 215 bridge area also