Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Fish Finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Fish Finder

I just recently purchased a new boat, and it came with a lowrance x-37 fish finder, however it does not read the correct depth. It reads 60 feet when i know the water is only 14-16 ft deep. i looked in the owners manual and couldnt find anything on how to fix this, does anyone have any suggestions?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gacowboy
    I just recently purchased a new boat, and it came with a lowrance x-37 fish finder, however it does not read the correct depth. It reads 60 feet when i know the water is only 14-16 ft deep. i looked in the owners manual and couldnt find anything on how to fix this, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Its not in the Demo mode is it?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

This will solve your problem. :D E-mail Linda Colt at Lowrance. She has helped me several times. [email protected] <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i am not too sure, it confuses me, i thought it was in demo mode because at the bottom every now and then it says simulation, which makes me think it is in demo mode, but i am not sure on how to change it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stupid me

ha, stupid me, i looked in the owners manual and found out how to fix the problem. i am not very up to beat with technology, but it always helps to look in the owners manual. thanks for replying.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gacowboy
    i am not too sure, it confuses me, i thought it was in demo mode because at the bottom every now and then it says simulation, which makes me think it is in demo mode, but i am not sure on how to change it.
    If you are getting a message every once in a while saying simulation, it is in the demo mode. You are suppose to be able to take it out by turning the unit off/on. If you still have a problem, there is a problem with your transducer. It could be bad or the cable is cut some where.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer

If your transducer is on the back of the boat it may kick and give you a bad reading. Trolling motor too. Been there done that. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

I have the the same depth finder and it has been nothing but trouble ever since I had it. Some days it works, some days it doesnt. Mostly it doesnt.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have problems with unit contact customer service. They have helped me out with problems I've had and seem to want to help.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville