Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing

With summer time FAST approaching I was wondering if anyone fishes at night and what tips and tricks you may have for fishing for crappie at night. Fished at night for bass a lot but never crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I use subermisable lights green and white put them 2-4 ft deep they draw the minnows which draw the crappie, usally fish 10-25' deep around brush piles. use tube jig's and minnows chartuse is a good color hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

i have found it is a lot easier for me to catch fish at night than in the day, and as a bonus you don't have to deal with the hot sun, or other non-fishing boaters and you can sit still with almost no wind. its a great way to fish just like Ken Kinser said.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of the few that does not use a submersible light. I like to keep it as dark as possible unless I am doddlesocking brush, then I use a 12 volt rough service bulb in one of those aluminum shroud clamp light topside. I normally use a black light with clear blue flourescent line. I keep an LED flashlight on the brim of my cap for any needed light.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 05-27-2008 at 07:07 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry