Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Boat Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Aluminum Boat Advice

Hello All,

I hope this fits here, if not please move it. I looking to purchase a new Aluminum boat. I was looking at a Grizzly or a Roughneck. First let me tell you what I fish for. I love to blue grill and Crappie fish. I do Bass fish, but not my fist choice. Am I missing any other aluminum boats? I am looking for some advice on the best one for the money. I won’t need anything over a 40hp motor. Please help. :p

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe makes a good boat also....oops forgot that roughnecks are lowes, also look at express boats.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Triton makes aluminum, Fisher, Bass Tracker and more do also. Look in an issue of Crappie World. You need to consider the water you'll be fishing. If you plan on fishing big lakes like Kentucky, you would do well to consider one of the deeper Walleye type semi-V's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edwalden444
    Hello All,

I hope this fits here, if not please move it. I looking to purchase a new Aluminum boat. I was looking at a Grizzly or a Roughneck. First let me tell you what I fish for. I love to blue grill and Crappie fish. I do Bass fish, but not my fist choice. Am I missing any other aluminum boats? I am looking for some advice on the best one for the money. I won’t need anything over a 40hp motor. Please help. :p

Ed
    Ed, I have a G3 aluminum boat I like very much, when I was shopping a few years ago I found a new boat and motor a year old model that they gave me a very good buy on with a 40 hp motor. G3 is owned by Yamama motor company. The boat I got listed for $10,000-11,000 and I bought it for $7500 the boat, motors, and trailer, was fully rigged ready to fish, I added a second fish finder was all I needed.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I'm real happy with my Polar Kraft and the 40 hp 4 stroke
    Gerald
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default did not know Triton made an aluminum boat?

I have a 2001 17' Ranger Cherokee with a 4-stroke 25hp Yamaha I like real well. I guess I will have to take a look at the Triton's next time I'm in the market.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

You are a little far from here, but the best Aluminum boat I have ever seen is a custom boat built by Borel Boat Works in Orange texas.

I know a guy that is a commercial fishermen and his is a 18' from them. Really nice!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I Too Have A Polarcraft With A 35hp Johnson.i Fish Crappie 75% Of The Time,bass & Panfish The Rest--its Perfect!get In An Out Where Other Boats Cant,will Run 24mph With Me And My Son,and Its Tuff As Nails! 0 Problems In 2 Years Of Hard Fishing!!! Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Ed ...

you might want to consider what brand motor you'd want, too. Many boats are co-owned by outboard motor companies, and only offer package deals.

I've looked at Xpress, G3, Tracker, Lowe, and Triton ... but, was looking for a 17ft outfit that would hold a 90HP 4stroke. I haven't made my mind up, yet ... but, Xpress & G3 are at the top of my list. That's mainly due to the fact that I can get a Yamaha on either of these rigs.
    I'd check out the websites of all of these aluminum boat companies ... see what motors they will mount ... check the layout and storage ... check the different models and styles ... consider which one is sold in your area ... consider the dealer's rep and the mechanics expertise ... and look over the available options that each boat has available. Then pick out the top three that have what you're looking for, and compare prices. (It also doesn't hurt to let the dealers know that you are "comparison shopping") ...luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

We bought our 01 Xpress in 04 from the fella who bought it brand new. We did a lot of online research and looked at others like Triton and Fisher before committing to the Xpress (which is made by Alumaweld). We haven't regretted it for a second. We've mainly fished KY Lake and when the wind blows or the daredevil skiers are out, the water can get pretty rough . . . so far we've been high and dry in the waves and chop. We couldn't be happier with our Yamaha motor. . . . verrrrry quiet and starts first time, every time. No matter what type of boat you end up buying, I would recommend a Yamaha motor. Good luck and good boat hunting!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast