Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: WYLIE--Early Sunday Morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default WYLIE--Early Sunday Morning

Got a call from Rango at noon on Sat. He didn't have any of his regular crew available for a nite trip (warden revoked their weekend passes) and wanted to know if I would join him for what he said would be an extraordinary early morning trip. It always wrenches my heart when I think of old people being alone so I said I would think about it. After about 10 minutes of begging and offering to pick me up at my dock I gave in and agreed to join him. As promised Rango pulled up to my dock at 12:30 am. We loaded my stuff onto the beast and headed to our spot. Rango was bein real nice to me and even let me set up on the "right" side of the boat and use one of his special rods. Soon Rango had caught 2 fish and I had none. It was at that moment that I realized I had been duped into once again fishing out the "wrong" side of the boat. I felt little comfort in the fact that,as it turned out, there was no "right" side this trip. It was slow on all sides. We spent a good deal of time socializing and didn't keep good attention on the rods so a few slipped past us but the bite was generally slow. Ended up with 17 fish to clean only 3 of which were slabs. Had a few throwbacks and 3 or 4 smallish catfish. It was a nice peaceful time to spend with a friend. No fires on the boat, no lost tackle and nobody like ol Rango to chew the fat with. Lookin forward to the next time.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

after two days of off and on napping, i have caught up with all the sleep i missed thursday and saturday nites doing the late night bite thing. Kunes this time of year its realllll hard to figger the bad side of the boat, but when the bite picks up again, you know where ill be fishing on the beast...sometimes the socializing is better than the fishing for sure, especially on us old codgers. now with the younger members of the crew, they do more fishing than socializing and dont pay this old man much attention as they busy racking up the numbers for the beast. they also ignore any comments i have about how they can improve their nights catch.. must not have much confidence in the captain.. In that case its nice to just sit back and watch the show... sorta like watching the fireworks on the 4th. I enjoy both of em, and thats why i like fishing the beast sooo much. Petes fixing to contribute to the mass confusion that reigns supreme on the beast at night so things shoould start picking up, especially the count. having a good socializer and good perch jerker on the boat at the same time is about more fun than my bones can stand....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hurricane.........

Rango / Kunes.....You guys look out for "Alex". Seems ya'll are about to get under the weather again, if not already under it. Take care!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Rango / Kunes.....You guys look out for "Alex". Seems ya'll are about to get under the weather again, if not already under it. Take care!
    Thanks labill. Looks like it missed us here in the piedmont. Those guys up in NE NC look like they're gonna have a rougher time. I think they're still gettin over Isabel.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    after two days of off and on napping, i have caught up with all the sleep i missed thursday and saturday nites doing the late night bite thing. Kunes this time of year its realllll hard to figger the bad side of the boat, but when the bite picks up again, you know where ill be fishing on the beast...sometimes the socializing is better than the fishing for sure, especially on us old codgers. now with the younger members of the crew, they do more fishing than socializing and dont pay this old man much attention as they busy racking up the numbers for the beast. they also ignore any comments i have about how they can improve their nights catch.. must not have much confidence in the captain.. In that case its nice to just sit back and watch the show... sorta like watching the fireworks on the 4th. I enjoy both of em, and thats why i like fishing the beast sooo much. Petes fixing to contribute to the mass confusion that reigns supreme on the beast at night so things shoould start picking up, especially the count. having a good socializer and good perch jerker on the boat at the same time is about more fun than my bones can stand....
    Pete, Pete, Pete....that's all I ever hear about from you. "Pete likes to fish this way" or "Pete really works those rods"...how good could this guy be? He's just a kid. Tell you what---you set it up---just you, me and Pete. THEN we'll see who catches the fish...
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

im not the same pete of old.....been workin too much and been busy. im startin to feel my OLD age.. :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

petes a natural born perch jerker. a little bit on the bashful side right now. my moneys on the kid.....this should be good, rango, whose tired and wore out and knows it, kunes, whose also tired and wore out but dont know it and pete, whos full of vim vigor and vitality and dont realize it. it appears im the only one who knows his rightful place in the beast,,,,,,,this should all be settled tonight,, be warned tho when the cards is on the table, rango is a real pro at perch jerking.......then the whole world will know who is the champ. seats on the beast will be by drawing so it will be the luck of the draw as we all know which seats are the hot ones........

Post Thanks / Like

i gotta make one thing clear.....when fame or money is on the line, i take no mercy!!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

You old guys better watch out.I hear an awful lot about sleeping on the beast .And even more about eatin' and socializin'.Y'all have fun and think about us working stiffs while your'e out there.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

No Quarter Given,,,,,,