Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: are moon phase and fishing a bunch of bull?

Post Thanks / Like

Default are moon phase and fishing a bunch of bull?

i have done extensive research on moon phases and my fishing. i broke it down into wheather i fished before, on or after the new moon, 1st quarter moon, full moon and last quarter moon. i have found out over the last 3 years it makes no difference at all. what do you think about moon phases and fishing? does it make a difference?
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Best time to fish is when ever you can get on the lake

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched this for a long time, I don't think that the moon has much effect on crappie, falling water levels and weather, mainly cold fronts have a much greater effect, my .02 cents worth.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipbobber View Post
    I have watched this for a long time, I don't think that the moon has much effect on crappie, falling water levels and weather, mainly cold fronts have a much greater effect, my .02 cents worth.
    I totally agree with you. Fronts are the only thing that disrupts the fishing for me. Full moon, new moon, high tide, or whatever. If i can find the fish, i can get em to hit something.

DR. CRAPPIE Guest

I Have Always Heard (full Moon Sleep Til Noon)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't pay enough attention to moon phase to say whether it makes any differnence. For some reason the magazines think it's worth printing those calendars every issue though. I do know that falling water and changing weather makes a big difference. My home lake is going through both right now. Fishing stinks. Maybe I can blame the moon too..........
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

"Seems" better fishin for me 3 days fore & aft new / full moons.

I agree weather & wind to be the most important factors.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

For 3 years, in my fishing log, I listed the Knight Fishing Times based on the sun and moon positions for best and worse fishing times and compared to my experience for the day. There was no pattern at all that fit the listed times. There are still guys that will argue with me.....but none of them ever kept records on it.
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I dont go by the moon phases, but I do go by the barometric pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a much harder question that just the moon phase. There are so many other thing that can impact feeding times, like weather for example. However feeding time can be very close or close enough to look at them. I have at times over the last 40+ years looked at the feed time and there are a good many time that it worked out about like it said. You also have to know that each time can be an hour early or late so it's not like an exact time.

However things like a cold front can make all a moot point. It's like Ken Kinser said the best time to fish is when you can go and no matter what the moon phase says if you don't go you will not catch any, LOL! The only way to know for sure if they are biting is go.

It can't hurt to know what time the feeds say in the chart, but also I believe if the cattle in the fields are eating and the deer are moving then the fish may be biting as well at about the same times. Then there is almost always a early morning and late evening bite too and they may not be long, but usually they happen.

BTW, yesterday my chart said poor and I would agree as we only got 7 keepers, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast