Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green stick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green stick

Anyone had any luck using the green stick lights, or green lights night fishing. I have used the traditional floating lights for years, and have read and heard about the green stick. I was wondering if it would be worth investing in.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Britt,,,,About three weeks ago I went out on Toledo night fishing with green lights and we tore the white perch up....We had one four foot light and six of the little 18" fluorescent light and dropped them about four feet deep.....they are pretty in the water and the white perch (crappie) do come to them. I guess the lights attract bait and the crappie come to eat the bait fish....anyway...the best bite came on the outside of the green light...seemed the perch stayed on the edge.....we did catch some in the light but not as many as on the outside.....we ended up with 106 keeper crappie and no telling how many throw backs....we quit when we ran out of minnows....this weekend I fished Lake Sam Rayburn Saturday night with one four foot green light and one 18" green light....the weather was terrible and the lake was real rought and cold....we stayed about an hour and a half and caught three white perch....I believe the cold front messed them up....we plan on trying again Friday night and I will let you know if we have any luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by CAMOMAN
    Britt,,,,About three weeks ago I went out on Toledo night fishing with green lights and we tore the white perch up....We had one four foot light and six of the little 18" fluorescent light and dropped them about four feet deep.....they are pretty in the water and the white perch (crappie) do come to them. I guess the lights attract bait and the crappie come to eat the bait fish....anyway...the best bite came on the outside of the green light...seemed the perch stayed on the edge.....we did catch some in the light but not as many as on the outside.....we ended up with 106 keeper crappie and no telling how many throw backs....we quit when we ran out of minnows....this weekend I fished Lake Sam Rayburn Saturday night with one four foot green light and one 18" green light....the weather was terrible and the lake was real rought and cold....we stayed about an hour and a half and caught three white perch....I believe the cold front messed them up....we plan on trying again Friday night and I will let you know if we have any luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Camoman, I have one of the 4 foot lights and was wondering how long you leave your light in the water before you start catching fish. Ive tried a few times and havent had any luck so far. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I do well on floating lights. But have never used the green. I plan on getting some.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy,,,,The night on Toledo we got there about 30 minutes before dark and set up and it seemed the fish started biting right at dark....It was almost instant really....I believe my buddy said we sat up in 21 foot of water and we were fishing 8 feet deep....it was fish after fish....alot of throw backs but we caught plenty of keepers.....We set the 4 foot light out side ways about four foot deep....the little 18 inchers we just dropped straight down about the same depth.....Last weekend on Rayburn we did the same set up but we got there after dark and we caught the fish really quick but the weather was so bad we decided to leave....it was cold and really rough and windy....it really doesn't take to long after putting the lights out from the experiences I have had.....