Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what would you do?

i fished some of my bamboo condos in 15 and 27 ft of water last night. i put out my lights 1st thing. one on the surface and one about 10 ft deep. when i first set up their were a few fish on the fishfinder, but after about an hour the screen was flooded with fish so i know the fish was there. i used jigs and tubes with and without minnows and also minnows only, i fished each bait at different depths to find the fish, i didn't get a bite i fished from 11:00 pm to 03:00 in the morning before giving up. so can anyone tell me what i was doing wrong or what i should have done? we had a full moon on the 20th of this month, would this have affected the fish? i just can't figure this out please help.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep...I know the feeling....

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I would have left at 11:30.

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought this only happens to me:D
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It used to happen to me when I fished at night 10 or so yrs ago. The best thing to do is learn how to catch them during the day and keep on the move instead of sitting still and waiting on a bite. Once I learned how to day time fish I get a lot more needed sleep.
    GoodLuck
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means an expert on night fishing, but when I do night fish I do not set up over structure. I have gotten skunked setting up directly over a brush pile on two occasions this year. I have found that I am much more successful if I set up either near structure or in the middle of a corridor that I expect fish to be traveling through. For example, I would expect a creek channel near a brush pile, a ledge, or point to be more productive than a brush pile. At least that is what I have experienced. Also, I do not set my lights deep in the water. I set them no deeper than 3 - 4 feet even when I am fishing in over 40 FOW. I check the fish finder to see where the bait fish are holding, then I set my lines about 3 - 5 feet below that. Usually takes about 30 minutes for them to start biting. If they're not biting within a hour and a half I move to another spot. I'm sure there are other opinions out there, but this is what works for me. Good luck.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn?

Do you think with the moon and water temps right , that they may be on the banks?

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

fish-wva one of the things I noticed on your post is, how long ago did you sink you're condos? This might be one of the problems.
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com