Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thank you ..To all our service men and women

Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you ..To all our service men and women

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your service as we approach this Holiday weekend be safe and good fishing .

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks from one Vet to the other Veterans and ones still serving. God Bless to all.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    Thanks from one Vet to the other Veterans and ones still serving. God Bless to all.
    Another Vet wants to thank all the other vets who are
    stepping up the plate. God Bless them.

Bob
    USAF
    1954-1958
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Not a veteran myself but several family members are. I can't possibly know what you guys go through, but I sincerely appreciate all that you do for us. so If any veterans are reading this, THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT I HAVE AND AM ABLE TO DO IN THIS GREAT FREE COUNTRY!!!!! God Bless and thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, what mofisherman said!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too!

Add my thanks to all those who have served and are still serving. I have the greatest respect for you all.

Post Thanks / Like

To all those who have served and are still serving I thank each and every one of you. May God Bless all who are in harms way.

SnowBass23 Guest

Thumbs up

Add my thanks to that list! As someone that is rapidly becoming an 'old salty NCO' as I work through my career I am going from one of the kids, to one of the old men telling the kids about the old days.

I salute every other Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine out there. One thing I've never been able to convey to people (I wouldn't even know where to begin) is the humility (the online dictionary definition of humility sums it up: "modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance") we feel when we meet people on the street and say thanks.

I'm not trying to claim that I speak for everyone in saying this, but for me and my friends (fellow brothers and sisters in arms) when someone tears up as they're shaking my hand I don't know how to respond. I feel like someone has mistaken me for someone important! I don't think anyone does it for the fame or money, but rather because it just felt like what we should be doing.

Our other generations may have looked at it a bit differently and I'm probably not conveying the right sense of humility that I want to. It just feels right, to go out and take care of our brothers and sisters, and the idea that there is an overall greater goal (the protection of this great country and our freedoms!) doesn't even seem to occur to most in uniform.

And probably most important of all, is that regardless of personal beliefs, different view points on politics and religion, that we recognize the sacrifices of our friends and neighbors now, and all of those that came before us.

I have no idea who originated the following quote, and I'm probably butchering it, so I'll apologize in advance. But, my unit Commander said this a few weeks ago at a solemn occasion, and I think it sums up alot.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter, that has given us freedom of the press.
    It is the Soldier, not the poet, that has given us freedom of speech.
    It is the Soldier, not the politician, that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
    It is the Soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is covered by the flag. 

Freedom is not 'Free'. Thank a Soldier.

I think I have something in my eye...those dang allergies!:o

Post Thanks / Like

Never got the opportunity to serve my country, but my dad and my brother did along with several other family members. I have a nephew in Bagdad and a nephew in Kosovo now. Thanks to them, all Vets, and all of those that died that make it possible for us to enjoy the things that we do. God bless all of ya'll and those that served. Thanks

Jim

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks fellow vetrans

To those that sacrificed all, to those that have served, and to those the will serve: God bless.

Our small hometown memorial, Huntingdon, Tennessee.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast