Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin

Anybody got any good tips on Sunday fishing Logan below 20 around Stemly? I know this isnt the high contorversy thread like the Ky guys getting busted but it looks like this might be a real pretty weekend for fishing if I can find a spot without too much boat or jet ski traffic. I haven't seen many posts about Logan Martin in the last few weeks but must assume that somebody knows where the crappie are hiding.

Post Thanks / Like

i love to catch crappie at logan martin, and normally do pretty well. but the last couple of weeks i have been fishing for those ugly green fish. but it is a holiday weekend, you will be able to walk from boat to boat on logan martin this weekend. i dont think i would try it this weekend even if you were paying me to go. but maybe you will have good luck. the last i heard was that the crappie were about 10 ft deep on the main river. maybe that will help a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin - Memorial weekend

The Coosa River Crappie Club held a small ( 10 team ) tournament on Logan Martin this past Saturday. Boats, Boats, and more Boats. Big Boats, small Boats, and all sizes in between. The lake currents were confused, and the waves from all their wakes was rough; not to mention the 10 zillion wave runners and jet skis.

It was a hard day to fish, but some of our members did well early shooting jigs under deep docks ( 10 ft. or more ). 1/32 or 1/24 oz. jigs and anything with chartruse on it. One team had over 40 keepers, most only had 10 to 15 and a few had none. Most were 10 to 12 inches long weighing 3/4 to 1 pound. Big fish was just over 2 lbs. and the winning stinger was over 8 lbs for 7 fish.

Most agreed by 10 am the bite was over, and very slow the rest of the day.
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grean Fish option 2

I gave up early and fished some weed beds for mr bass. Caught a pretty good mess while managing to keep my boat on the top side of the waves. What a mess of jet skies. I fished below Stemly bridge early around docks in all sorts of depths with four or five different jigs to no avail. Even early the pontoons were aiming for me I felt like. Wonder what it is about my boat that draws the other wave makers in....

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear some of ya'll got some fish,That is why I didn't go this weekend,Logan Martin gets hammered with boats on the Holidays,Want to see a site go over there on the 4th of July:D