Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioning help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Air conditioning help

Does anyone on here know a reasonable air conditioning guy in Gwinnett County? My ac has gone on the blink and I don't deal well with heat. I guess it's all that natural insulation I've got.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

check your voice mail wes

Post Thanks / Like

what make & yr vehicle & is r12 or r134a

Post Thanks / Like

yea auto or home?

Post Thanks / Like

It's my home a/c. I've had two different guys come out in the past 2 days and it's still not working right. I guess someone will figure it out sooner or later.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

feel for you i had mine to go out last weak . was freezing up on the coils . low on freon . had it gassed up . went out again . 2 servise calls and freon was $175.00. now he wants $400.00 to fix it . 15 year old unite . . i hae a old gas central unite i am putting in next weak . got to git the motorhome fixed so i can move it out of the way . the heat pump has cost me more in repairs than it would have to have kept the gass unite in. . i put a window unote in the bed room already have one in the den .gass unite is onley 5 years old when i changed it out for the heat pump .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Here a real sob story for ya.

As most of you know I just built a new house. (Moved in in September) The contract with the builder expired in October. (longer story). Since then the general contractor has gone out of business and left my house incomplete. (I have contacted a lawyer) about 3 weeks ago my brand new AC stopped cooling. I called the sub-contractor that put in the HVAC and he is refusing to come fix it beacuse the GC has not paid him the full amount.

I called another AC company to come fix it and here is what they has found.
    1. Solder joint leaking. (subcontractor)
    2. Drain pan in attic too small for the unit. (subcontractor)
    3. No cutoff float in drain pan. (subcontractor)
    4. Drain outlet for drain pan not ran properly to outside of house and it was stopped up. (subcontractor)

It is going to cost me $400.00 to get all this fixed properly. GC is out of business and will not return phone calls. SC will not come fix it, even though it is his fault, because he hasn't been paid.

Why did I stop drinking again?
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post

As most of you know I just built a new house. (Moved in in September) The contract with the builder expired in October. (longer story). Since then the general contractor has gone out of business and left my house incomplete. (I have contacted a lawyer) about 3 weeks ago my brand new AC stopped cooling. I called the sub-contractor that put in the HVAC and he is refusing to come fix it beacuse the GC has not paid him the full amount.

4. Drain outlet for drain pan not ran properly to outside of house and it was stopped up. (subcontractor)

It is going to cost me $400.00 to get all this fixed properly. GC is out of business and will not return phone calls. SC will not come fix it, even though it is his fault, because he hasn't been paid.

And I thought I was having a bad day today! Hope everything works out for you.
    Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy -- Eskimo legend

Post Thanks / Like

Birddog the General Contractor should also be responsible as well as the County or City Inspector for proper equipment and installation,I have built 6 custom homes as well as many over cookie cutter style smaller homes and have always strived and oversaw every step to make sure it is done right,that's part of a General Contractor's job.I never trust a Sub and always go over his work. I know a lot of em that just showup when it's time for a draw and that just ticks me off.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 05-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Plumibing contractor and have been working in my fathers company for 18 years. We're in business today because of our quality of work (not because of our prices.). It's my understanding that even though you paid your general contractor unless the sub signed a lien release then he may come after YOU for the remainder of his money. Ethicaly, the sub should be honoring your one year warranty but we already see how his ethics are. A warranty is only as good as the company standing behind it. I feel for you Birdog. Also, the warranty period should be one year from when you take possession and not 1 year from actual instalation.
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast