Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transfer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transfer

For just over a year now I have been the Commander over our 9-1-1 Center. I managed a staff of about 70-80 personnel. It was a nightmare most of the time because I never seemed to make anyone happy. My superiors were always hounding me, the public was never happy, and if I did make them happy it made my personnel mad thinking I didn' support them. Basically I felt like I was in a no win situation.
    A couple weeks ago my Agency decided to create a new position. The person selected for this position would be the project manager for all the new construction we will be undertaking. Responsibilities will also include overseeing the personnel office, budget office, fleet, and grant manager. The overall staff to supervise would be about ten. I decided to apply for the position and was just told today that I would be getting it. They haven't determined my start date, but it should be soon.
    The work won't necessarily be easier, but I will no longer be in a no win situation. I really look forward to the new challenge and can't wait to get at it.
    And the good thing, it will not interfere with any of my fishing.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that sounds like great news Jim,on the low end though my neighbor was in the same position you're in, Worth Co.911 ,due to restructuring he was terminated recently. He is an excellent person and did his job well. I feel for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    Wow that sounds like great news Jim,on the low end though my neighbor was in the same position you're in, Worth Co.911 ,due to restructuring he was terminated recently. He is an excellent person and did his job well. I feel for him.
    Fortunately for me I am a sworn officer so if they ever made any cuts I would just go back on the street as a shift Commander.

By the way, we have been taking applications for a 911 Director to replace me. Not sure if they closed the application process, but if he is interested shoot me a PM and I will give you my number to pass onto him. The plan is to turn my position from sworn to civilian.

Post Thanks / Like

Been there and done that. Don't blame you one bit for changing jobs. Was in the same situation a few years back and was lucky enough to pass off the 9-1-1 portion to someone else.:D

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on your new job Jim..i hope you like it.i know youll do well at it..

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the job change hope it is better for you

Post Thanks / Like

test

Post Thanks / Like

You will enjoy Project Management. I did service on radiation medical gear for 20 years and then got stupid and took a service managers position. When the PM job was offered I jumped on it and never regretted it one time. I actually got off my blood pressure meds completely and loved what I was doing. I have been retired for 7 years now and one of the hospitals in central Florida that I was involved with now uses me about 20 days a year on new medical projects as a consultant.