Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My breaking point...

Post Thanks / Like

Default My breaking point...

has been reached with these gas prices. I paid $3.88 today and that was the cheapest in my area. I am basically cutting out any extra driving. I will start planning my errands to get the most bang for my buck (gas). This also means I will not be taking any trips any time soon. I have a big trip planned for November, so if prices stay where they are at or climb any higher I won't be doing hardly anything but going to work. I am just hoping that this is all due to the holiday weekend and the prices will come down.
    As a side note, I think I saw on the news today that Exxon recorded an 18 Billion dollar profit for 2007. Good for them but bad for the rest of us!!!!!!
    OK...I got that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain but I cant put in the oil companys, oil companys report an 8% profit, feds get an 18.5% tax on it that we pay and the state gets there cut. the feds nor the states do anything to produce the oil, they just want a bigger and bigger piece of it. good ol sunny just raised the fuel tax but what does he care he don't pay for it. we have been putting 750,000 of gallons away for reserves for 30 years, for what? I don't blame the middle east for saying no to produce more oil, our government isn't even taking measures to produce our own oil or make any refineries, have not made any in 30 years. Just my opinion but when the government points fingers then its the government you should be looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas prices in Mexico are half what we are paying ,wonder why,maybe the so called supply and demand theory.

Post Thanks / Like

Not many folks left in Mexico to demand the supply...They are all here

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm have mixed feelings. The high prices are helping push for alternative energy sources for our vehicles (which is long past due). On the other hand, the US has the largest untapped oil resources in the world and we're not tapping into them. WHY???
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

And thanks to these great new gas prices, I've had to cut out my fishing trips. $150.00 a trip is hard to swallow.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

150 bucks is a little light on the price i think score..im thinking 200 at least. my trip to the hill will be more than that if i get to go.. it is time to get another energy source to run our vehicles..having said that.hydrogen is cheap/easy to produce..cars run great on it..so um why are we not using it??because the oil companys say no way hose..oops i mean gvt..well ok oil co/gov.same entity..
    back when america was born,these gvt positions were held for 4 years by farmers,steel workers...um real people in the community.they served their term/country,then went back to work..it is how it was meant to be,not have the same families owning this country forever..democracy is dead folks

Post Thanks / Like

well first poeple to blame in this is the tree huggers. the usa hassent built a new refinerie in like 20 years becouse of all the stuff they have to have and the fee's make it where they cant make any money for first 8 years its even open
    2nd its very well known that the usa has more oil under it then all of the middle east but hey the tree hugers say oh hell no cant drill it will hurt this or that even tho the oil comp's has said no it will not
    in fla theres oil in the gulf but they will not let them drill it becouse poeple dont want to look at the rigs
    look im not sayin i dont like the spoted blue wing duck or that tree over there. but when someone from half way around the world has ahold of the usa's nuts its time to start drillin
    on a side note that duck taste great cooked over a oak fire and the rigs in the gulf are great fishing lol
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Diesel is nearly $4.80 a gallon in places now. 30 gallons of it and another 60 gallons of regular unleaded in the boat = sitting at home

Post Thanks / Like

It's still going to be Exxon and Chevron doing the drilling on the ANWR. They wont cut us a break on our own oil. Maybe if it comes from government land the government could put a cap on the price, but I doubt that would happen.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast