Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tough but fun weekend at berry bend

Post Thanks / Like

Default tough but fun weekend at berry bend

had our little annual crappie trip with my uncle, bro and nephew at berry bend this past weekend. we caught some fish but it was a little slow. all the one's we caught were spawned out it appeared. some on the bank's, some in 10 feet of water. just scattered about. berry bend has been a lot tougher for me this year but everyone iv'e talked to said the same thing. seemed like all the surrounding area's were the place's to be but iv'e been stick'n with it. pretty much get the boat ramp and that area to myself which i like...oh ya i got my ear pierced involuntary by my uncle with a gamagatsu hook. bout ripped my ear off. (ouch!!!!!) first and last time my uncle will try and use a 10 foot rod. now i know why people use barbless hook's:o here's a couple pic's of my nephew...he's 10, i took him out with me all day sat. in my boat and let the adult's go do there own thing. already got him started on running a trolling motor:D here's also a couple pic's of my 2 best spot's at toronto that i found when i was down there at camp... they were very productive til i discovered i was only fishing a couple feet from these bad boy's. both spot's back to back i discoverd the same thing as i was yanking out slab's what kind of snake's are those? to me every kind of snake is deadly. i hate them!

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip, glad to hear from ya. I think the one on top is a common water snake. The other one I don't know but could be another kind of water snake I'm not sure about either one though I ain't the croc hunter:D
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

brown water snakes ya big sissy,,,buck up,stay the course,,blast them and keep on fishing,,,,,just kidding little buddy,,,i would have moved on also!
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you again. Things have been a bit quiet on the board lately.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like the kid had a ball. something he will never forget. as far as the snakes,i couldnt tell. ive got chills just from looking at the pics. thx for the report KCMO,sure have missed reading your posts

Post Thanks / Like

I bet your nephew really enjoyed fishing with his uncle. Some of the best memories were fishing with my uncle. I'm with you on the snakes, they can have all the space they want and then some. Good to see your post and liked the pics.
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

Dang snakes! I hate em! Sounds like ya'll had a good time tho, cept the ear part lol

I hope that's a Pepsi I see in the pics!j/k:D
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Not for sure, but I think you got a good sized Northern Water Snake or a Diamond Backed Water snake... either way it is harmless. Hope you did not kill it.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Slayer JR. in the making!. I've got one ear pierced also. Never stand with your back to your son, a bass fisherman on a pontoon boat. Still got the # 2 hook in my billfold. Thank for the pic's.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you, Jeffie. I've missed ya. As far as the snakes go, the pics made my skin crawl. I believe they are just common northern water snakes. Aren't poisonous but their bite hurts like hell. Found you a good small lake to fish. Spring Fork Lake is just south of sedalia off of US65. It has some very nice crappie in it. 14" +. No gas motors tho. I'm gonna hit it tomorrow if it's not too windy. Again, I say WELCOME BACK

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast