Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New From CNY

Post Thanks / Like

Default New From CNY

hey guys,
    just a little shout to all you New Yorkers out there. im a recovering Steelhead fishing addict from Syracuse. whose only other fishing interest are Crappie and Bluegills. Along with the fine eating that comes with catching a mess.
    I'm pretty much limited to bank fishing for them.But manage to do ok. hopefully I'll have a little to contribute to this great forum. I also have a 12 year old son who i'm trying to get going when we can sneak away from Little League and school Baseball practices and games.

Great to be here,
    timdog
    Last edited by timdog; 05-22-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Cato! No such thing as a recovering steelhead addict (once you're hooked, it's for good) LOL! Every spring I head to the Lake O tribs too!. This year was pretty interesting with the Walleye running at the same time as the steelies.

I hear you about Little League, between coaching, umping, and board meetings, I'm tied up with LL at least three nights a week. Seriously cuts into fishing time, but it's worth it to teach kids to play ball and to do it with teamwork and good sportsmanship. Besides, I somehow manage to always draft a new bunch of kids each year that that likes to have fun on the field.

We've got a few other CNY folks that check in from time to time, along with folks from both directions along the Thruway. Jump in and share what you know and don't be afraid to pick any of our brains for what we know. We'll be happy to share whatever info we can to make your pursuit of crappie more successful.

Post Thanks / Like

timdog,
    welcome to crappie.com

Are you Zekes buddy. If so, howdy hoooooo.

Fish On!
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Skaneateles,NY(Summer)/Port ST.Lucie,FL(Winter)
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, timdog...
    ..."An old fisherman lives here with the best catch of his life"...:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the warm welcome...
    Hopefully ill have something to contribute.

camofish, nope not a buddy of zeke. but i recognize you from C.K. Outdoors web site. hoping to get my jigs any day now so i can start some serious catching. i did ok in a couple of hours on a pink generic hair jig. so i cant wait to start fishing the real deal

timdog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timdog View Post
    camofish, nope not a buddy of zeke. but i recognize you from C.K. Outdoors web site. hoping to get my jigs any day now so i can start some serious catching. i did ok in a couple of hours on a pink generic hair jig. so i cant wait to start fishing the real deal

timdog
    cool timdog,

Yes, it takes a real fisherman to admit that they like the pink lures. :D

That is cool, you should like the little jigs, may have to add a BB split shot to help get it down, or you'll be waiting a while for it to get down to those fishies. They fall so slow, a key thing when they are on beds. More natural with the slow fall.

Ever try marabou? That stuff just bounces like crazy with ease in the water.

Or ever try those Nano's or Nano jr.s (plastics) and for the hungry crappie, those 2" rib grubs or paddle tail grubs are great too. I found that if you count them down a few Mississippi's depending on how deep they are is deeply too. slow reel and pause with the plastics can really put numbers in the boat too.

Welcome aboard to crappie.com.

Can't wait to hear about your adventures.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camofish View Post
    timdog,
    welcome to crappie.com

Are you Zekes buddy. If so, howdy hoooooo.

Fish On!
    Boy you dont miss a beat do you Wayno.....:D I thought you were going to camp this weekend?
    The real Tim from CNY has the same ole name on here as he does on all the other sites..

But if this guy is the CNYTim i know from other sites i wont welcome him here but if he's not... Welcome to the site...:D

Zeke
    Take a kid fishing.... They will never forget it..Makiplastic.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Kid View Post
    Boy you dont miss a beat do you Wayno.....:D I thought you were going to camp this weekend?
    nope, I try and keep up on these things, LOL. :D

Yes, camp is where I'm heading after lunch time when I wake up from working all night. Clothes are packed, but need to gather my fishing gear still. Got a canoe up there waiting for me. :D I love spring, the rockies and smallies are right out in front of camp in their spawning grounds. With gas they way it is, no need for extra hauls with the boat just for the weekend. The boat will go up for my 2 weeks vacation at camp thou.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Kid View Post
    The real Tim from CNY has the same ole name on here as he does on all the other sites..

But if this guy is the CNYTim i know from other sites i wont welcome him here but if he's not... Welcome to the site...:D

Zeke

Uhh...

Am i missing something? :o

i hope thers not another Tim giving us good Tims a bad name. LOL!!! :p

Post Thanks / Like

I've been sick timdog,I will try today to get some tied and I'm hoping I feel better tommorow.