Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aluminum boat cleaner??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluminum boat cleaner??

Just curious if anyone had any experience with cleaners and aluminum boats? Do you have a favorite cleaner? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Mosam
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

this is my boat and i have putpure bleach on it and it looks better than this but it doesent git clean . would like to know what it takes .papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default aluminum cleaner

I've used a product called Bartenders Friend in the past. It's basically a scouring powder for stainless steel. It takes a lot of elbow grease to get those muddy water stains off and they will come back if you don't wash the boat after every trip.You ever thought about having the hull painted?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yes paint it brown:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Boat Cleaner

I cleaned my boat last week with a generic product from Discount Auto Parts called Aluminum cleaner. It is made by Discount Auto Parts and it comes in a 1 gallon plastic jug. You dilute it 1:10—1:50 and it really works wonders. You just spray it on, let it sit for about 2 min, and spray it off with a hose. My boat had a lot of oxidation before along with a badly stained hull, but now it looks brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

we dont have a discount auto parts . we do have a advance auto parts.will try there

Post Thanks / Like

Default mosam...

I use a product I buy at Academy called "Starbrite Instant Boat Cleaner." Just follow directions on the bottle. I fish a couple of swampy lakes and the scum line stands out like a sore thumb. This cleaner makes it an easy job. You may find it in other stores if there isn't an Academy close by. Do not let the overspray get on painted surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone used what truckers use to clean their tanks i think it is called alumni-brite? i have a pontoon and have the same problem
    " They can't stand that"