Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tell me about Delaware Lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about Delaware Lake!

I am planning a trip to Delaware Lake this Saturday 5-24-08 and could really use some help. I have never been to Delaware Lake, but I always fish a new Ohio lake every year. This year I selected Delaware Lake because of all the good fishing reports I have read. I will be there for one day and would like to know where to start. Are the crappies hittin right now? What boat ramp would you recomend? Is there a bait shop nearby? What is the bait/color of choice? What depth should I focus on for this Saturday? What ever information you can force yourself to give out will be returned when you ask about any of my local lakes. Please Private Message me if you feel more comfortable about it. Thanks in advance, and good luck catching those slabs for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting Spot

I've only been there a few times, but every time I've been there, I 've seen people catching crappies (east bank) straight across from the marina. Some just drift with jigs, minnows or both along the bottom in 10+ fow. Also heard the banks in front of the silo and the beach has produced. With the cooler temps, be sure to look a little deeper. Hope this helps. If you get a HOT TIP or find a HOT SPOT, PM me and clue me in...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delaware Lake

I've had good success right around the Marina area, towards the west and north. You'll see a downed weeping willow tree right across from the marina. Try that. Also go North thru no-wake zone and check out downed trees on the west side of the lake. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

It's got some big ole slabs in it for sure. She has a history of producing fish ohio slabs. Jigs and minnows work well. Fish should be up shallow in the brush this weekend. Buy bait at Obee's Deli and Marathon station which is on St Rt 23 just south of the lake. Launch from the main marina in the middle of the state park and head north. Fish shallow brush and you'll catch em.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stacked up at Delaware Lake!

Delaware Lake was hot over the weekend. Went Saturday for 7 hours (9:30 to 4:30). We found good fish everywhere we went. Ended up with 59 in the 9" to 11" range (90% being 10.5"). We fished anywhere from 8" to 5' deep, using a yellow/charcharse jig. Sometimes with a minnow and sometimes with no bait. We liked it so much that we went back on Monday for 7 hours (7:30 to 2:30) and caught 71. In the morning we set our limit and 9.5" and raise that in the afternoon to 10". We threw back 25 to 30 9.5" fish in the afternoon. We did more traveling around the lake looking for bigger fish, so we really only fished for about 5 hours. We did find some nice 12" to 13" fish. Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good day cspot. My buddy and his son caught 13 keepers on Monday in about 2 hours. The crappies are hitting good there now. With the warm temperatures I would imagine the spawn will be finishing up there this week.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the fish. Delaware is a great crappie lake. :D
    Microspoons Pro Staff