Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warrior weekend

Everybody be careful this weekend all the crazys will be out on the water and the roads.Im headed back to MTL for a couple of days before all the warriors show up and ravage the lake.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

i agree, good weekend to go to a smaller lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default week end

I rarely if ever try to fish on a holiday weekend, it is just too crazy and dangerous. Especially this year with the longer winter people are itchin to get on the lake and try out the new jetski or new ski boat. I will wait till the following week. If you are out there, be safe and alert. Have a great holiday weekend.
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Default This holiday weekend

I wonder if the lakes will be as full this weekend with GAS prices, the high water, and the cooler than normal water temps?
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It is the first holiday weekend of the summer. Rain would be the only thing to slow the pleasure boaters significantly...IMHO...
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely the big boats will run me off LOZ by noon on the days I fish, if not a little earlier.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHead View Post
    I wonder if the lakes will be as full this weekend with GAS prices, the high water, and the cooler than normal water temps?
    good question,but we live on hwy 54w and from the looks of the trafic in the direction of loz it's allready started,,lots of traffic(campers and boats) as i type this,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love LOZ. Grew up on it, but it isn't the same as it used to be. A couple of weeks ago I picked up my runabout at the marina. About the 18 mile marker I met the biggest "Bluewater" cruiser I had ever seen at the lake (I bet it was pushing 50'). He was moving very fast and displacing a lot of water. I slowed appropriately and waited. A large Sea Ray Sundancer (I think close to 40') attempted to cross the wake perpindicular to the wave. Ka-boom...water went everywhere and he stopped in his tracks...something is just wrong with this picture on a freshwater lake in the midwest. As bad as it seems though, I will be there this weekend (may not get off of the dock (LOL))!
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

I brought my boat home from Truman. I think I'll joyride the Missouri river. Good luck all. Be careful.

Jim
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend when we were at Osage Bluff we were fishing late one evening. No other boats in sight. Here comes a jet ski. He runs by me about 50 mph and within 40 yards of me. If I hadn't been sitting in the trees he probably would have ran me over. I guess you can't ride one without showing out a little. Puzzling??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast