Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: yellow line at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default yellow line at night?

1st of all thanks for your answers on using yellow line. now i have decided to use it but i have 1 more question, will the yellow line show up under a black light like the floresent line does? i fish at night most of the time.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Yea It will show up but I don't think It's as bright as fluorescent.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I beg to differ ....

Quote Originally Posted by crappie bug View Post
    Yea It will show up but I don't think It's as bright as fluorescent.
    Using clear/blue fluroescent mono, under a black light, for many years ... worm fishing for bass, at night --- then seeing Stren Gold under a black light --- I've got to say that the Stren Gold looked much "bigger" :p
    They both looked like ski rope, rather than the 12-17lb test mono, they were.
    One sure fire way to find out ... try 'em

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the Yellow Hi-Vis Gold shows up extremely well under a blacklight!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found a 4 or 6 pound test line of any type that will show up at night under a black light. Now, the 10+ lb stuff is a different story. The light stuff will light up on the spool but it is just not thick enough to absorb enough UV light to glow on the rod or between the rod and the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife View Post
    I haven't found a 4 or 6 pound test line of any type that will show up at night under a black light. Now, the 10+ lb stuff is a different story. The light stuff will light up on the spool but it is just not thick enough to absorb enough UV light to glow on the rod or between the rod and the water.
    The Trilene XL clear blue flo. or the Mr Crappie camo in 4 or 6 will show up great.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Joe ...

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife View Post

How big a blacklight are you using ?? The two I have (Stan Sloan & BPS) will make my Stren Gold & Mr Crappie Super Hi-vis 4lb line look like 10lb line :D

Now, those little short jobs may not have enough UV light ... I fished over a friends once, and could barely see 17lb test. But, I've never had any problem seeing any fluorescent line, when fished over a unit with a 18" bulb. Of course, the darker outside ... the better. And any other light source, Moon included, will dampen the effects of any blacklight, regardless of line size.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Stan Sloan makes a good black light. I don't know who makes BPS, but my guess would be Optronics. Optronics also sells in Walmart, but they are weak in power. I own a Hoppy low profile and it works nice. I also carry one of the Optronic as afore mentioned as an extra.

I've never tried the high vis yellow, but can assure you, the clear blue flourescent shows up very nice.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry