Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Places to stay at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Places to stay at LOZ

I'm looking to head down to LOZ tomorrow afternoon and take the wife/kids fishing Thurs/Fri and get the heck out of there before the pleasure boats take over for the weekend.

Anybody have any recommendations on a cheap place to stay? There used to be quite a few little family-owned cabins that were inexpensive, but most have been bought out and replaced with condos. Prefer to be away from the dam, and someplace near where the crappie are biting !!

Thanks !!
    Ralph
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Robin's Resort may have some openings and that would put you close to the State Park/Glaize Arm for fishin' and near the outlet mall if your wife wants to do some shopping...

Edit: I think they also have a covered fishing dock, as well, in case it rains (not that it's rained much this year).
    Last edited by LOZcrappie; 05-20-2008 at 03:50 PM.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Done deal. Thanks for the prompt reply Scott!! I just got off the phone with Robin's and it sounds just fine. Will be down there the next couple of nights trying my luck with the wife/kids !
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

a wise move getting a early start as starting fri that area of the lake is like a ocean,,as many head to party cove for the weekend of ???(not fishing for sure)lots of trolling but not much fishing...
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuzzy's right

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    a wise move getting a early start as starting fri that area of the lake is like a ocean,,as many head to party cove for the weekend of ???(not fishing for sure)lots of trolling but not much fishing...
    Fuzzy's correct in that Friday afternoon may start to get a little goofy in the area between Robin's and Party Cove, but you should have plenty of good water back in the State Park regardless. Friday afternoon will probably just have folks coming in and out of there checking out Party Cove but shouldn't be too bad.

Our condo is just around the corner from Robin's and I know they were catching the dickens out of them in submerged brush last week in that area. Check with Bugs later in the week and he may have a Glaize report for you, as well. I won't be back down until the weekend after Memorial, otherwise I'd be happy to help you out.

Good luck!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)