Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

fished Lake of the Ozarks Saturday and Sunday. Partner and I limited each morning on 10-13 inch fish. All males Saturday and 29 males on Sunday. 5-10 feet of water and 10-20 feet from the banks. Spawn is just getting started here, 20-30 degree temps in the mornings has slowed things down. Water temps is below 60, spawn on hold for a few days. We need warm weather. Fish hitting on jig and minnow tightlining. Wait a minute, I think I have another bite! :D

Post Thanks / Like

i too fished there both those days but my luck wasn't as goog as yours. I fished only jigs and casting most the time. Caught probably 15 Sat and about 5 on Sunday but only about 6 were keepers and over 10"

Mine too were in those same ranges 20 feet off the bank in abut 5-8feet down. Temps I were reading was between 55-59 degrees Surface was in the 60's

Black and Chart was my color and I fished around the 25M area mostly in Kinococh Hollow arross from Tantara.

I am sure I could have done better if I could have just found area's holding fish better. But I still had a great time for this being my first trip out on this lake. Caught some nice Bass and one decent Walleye too.

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn isnt getting started big fish spawn is over................smaller fish are yet to spawn..........Wednesday and Thursday they were droppin eggs in the live well. Caught several today that were spawn out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hatch success may not be great if the big ones have spawn already. 34 degree air temperature is going to chill the water and endanger the fry success. And I thought 13 inchers fell into the big fish category, that is what we have ben catching but males only for the most part. My two cents, guess I missed another. It has been an up and down temperature wise spring and spawning season. There is always the summer pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

so I guess you catching only males means the spawn isnt over.................last time I remember it takes both sexes to spawn...............b.t.w. a male that has been spawning for the past two weeks and is 13 inches long even in the Osage arm doesnt weigh a pound, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieOutlaw, I weighed 30, 13-14 inchers in the last three weeks that weighed over a pound. Not all did I weighed, did weigh at least a pound, but a significant majority did. I have caught some 15 inchers that didn't weigh a pound. 13 inches is still my definition of a slab or a big fish. And I understand it takes two to tango in the production cycle. Missississippi is still catching fish spawning, it hard to believe that the spawn in over for the females in Missouri. The usual spawn in Missouri is about 6 weeks long and all the females are already done? Everyone has opinions, I respect yours. I guess I will try and catch some post spawn crappie this weekend. Males are also the first to move to the spawning beds, cleaning and making the nest, I hope it is the beginning and not the end. We will know the answer by the weekend. Either way it has been a fun ride. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default spawn

I'd say there are still plenty of fish around, good luck this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot
    "wait a minute,I think I got a bite "

Post Thanks / Like

cook, you are right!! friends fished loz and did well, as well as Ted there yesterday. Keep moving and finding fish is not a problem, just takes some time. Wait a minute, I think I have another bite!!