Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting checked on MTL

Post Thanks / Like

Default getting checked on MTL

Make sure youhave your license and your fish separated when fishing there. They were going around checking people saturday. I have only been checked 3 times in my life and twice it has been on MTL.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been checked there several times. The last two times I have been checked (LOZ and MTL), there was a conservation agent and water patrol in the boat. First the fish/licenses were checked, and then the life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc.

Be prepared and be legal.

Post Thanks / Like

These were both conservation agents. They could see out life jackets they were laying out in plain sight. Also the fire extinguisher was right there along with the throwable life thing. The only thing not visible was the horn and it was in my bag that I always take with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Please excuse my ignorance, but what lake is MTL?

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Twain Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Last year at MTL I had a water patrol check us first thing he wanted was fishing permit and see our fish,whats up with that.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your fish are marked to identify who caught which fish, as well. Each person in the boat needs to decide which fin of the fish he/she will notch on their keepers. I had a buddy get cited for not being able to identify which fish of those in the boat were his versus the other anglers in the boat, i.e., not able to prove whether or not he caught more than his limit.

I haven't fished MTL but it sounds as though they are very strict on their enforcement there.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

worm65 Guest

Fished This Lake Alot Last Summer I Got Pulled Over By Gamewarden He Said I Was Being Watched I Had To Many Fish In The Boat I Told Him The Can Have A Look I Had 12 My Wife Had 13 In Two Diffrent Wells After The Checked He He Made A Call On His Cb
    Two A Nother Undercover Gw That Was Watching Us After A Long Hot Yellind Match He Said Give Them Both Tickets For Culling Witch We Did Not Do All Bull Sh*

Post Thanks / Like

I fished MTL about 6 times last year, and I know I was checked by game warden 3 times. Most ever in a year... must be my beady eyes?!?
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

thats why i dont go to that gar hole,always some b/s to contend with,,worm you may have needed to get those officers numbers and file a complaint,,,,sounds like harassment
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast