Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Opinions

I know this may sound weird coming from a boat builder but...I don't build this kind so take it easy on me!:D

I am gonna buy one of the small 2 man plastic bass boats, well for several reasons. I have fished out of a 12ft light aluminum flat for years and here is what I dont like

light as it is, it is still too heavy to put in the back of a 6" lift F250. I know, my fault, never again.:rolleyes:

stability sucks

SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO uncomfortable and cramped cause you gotta sit so low. Putting in seat extensions is just too high and makes it top heavy so we sit on low mounted seats...sideways! Also sucks.

My fishing buddy is gettn older and ...well...so am i. I like the ability it SEEMS you would have to sit almost side by side and attack a hole like off the front deck of a bigger boat when you spider rig or jig fish. Is this so? Are they stable enough?

We already have two 30lb troll motors and a optima battery, so we can fish sideways, all I need is the boat. Which one????

Have ya used them? Do ya like them? WHich one is best? Why?

I kinda like that Ultra Bass Hunter UBH II model. But I never been in one.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

If you cant get comfortable in a 12fter you will really be cramped in a plastic one.Throw in a small cooler,a couple tackle box'es,2 or 3 rod's and it is tight!You will alway's have to be aware on every cast where your partner is.They are very unstable so I think your buddy would have a hard time.I think this boat was made for 18 year old's as they dont care about being comfortable lol.Also standing up is a nightmare in itself.

Post Thanks / Like

SC, thanks, that's what I need to know.

Now, how big was and what kind was the one you didn't like?

Not worried about casting, we don't cast. Vertical jigging is exclusively all we do. The cramped part was the way we had to sit, sideways and so low you can't stretch legs.

More info would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont own one.I went with a friend in a 8ft and dont remember the brand.I only went once and refused to go again.I couldnt stretch my leg's at all in that thing.A 10 footer I wouldnt think would be any better.Now on the other side,I dont think it would tip over but the feeling while in it was that it would.You know how it feel's when you stand up in your 12ft and it feel's like every move your partner make's the boat will push away from you?Well you can tripple that feeling.I would suggest trying before buying.I dont mean to discourage you Im just telling what I thought about my experience.Hope this help's.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a BAsstender 10'2" that was incredibly stable and very comfortable. Have fished three out of it several times. Has a battery box and livewell. It was on a trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

SC, it does help, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Dadakota,I cant begin on what you said.10 ft and 3 people?My kitchen table is that big.Think about 10 ft and each person with elbow's out. I aint buying that.None made I have ever seen with 3 seat's.That person in the middle is the one you need an opion from lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Kman, I had one for 15 years, it was Buster Boat made by Splash Marine. They make 5-6 diferent sizes, my boat was 10ft. I sold just because I bought a full size bassboat. I truly miss having the little boat.

The Buster Boat can come with different extras on it....My boat had a fishfinder, live well, cooler, pad seats & casting deck. The casting deck is so you can standing up and fish. I had a trailer for my boat.

Stable!!!! I could stand up and fish all day in waves and wind and never felt like I was going to tip or fall out. My wife like it because she felt safe.

You can mount a 5hp gas motor on the 10ft, I used a 36lb trolling motor on it.

They are a high on $$, I bought my boat 2nd only 3 years old.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Where did you get it or can I view them on line?

Was it too heavy or too big that caused the need for the trailer? Would rather keep it in the truck as I go to a lot of gravel pits in 4x4 conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

nevermind, just googled it! They look awesome thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast