Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Branch Crappie Tournament 5/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Branch Crappie Tournament 5/17

Got out and fished the West Branch Bait and Tackle Crappie Open yesterday... Pretty tough day. Windy, rainy... but the fish didn't mind. My buddy Chris and I ended up winning with a 20 fish limit that weighed in at 14 lbs. We got "BIG FISH" too with a slab that was just over 14 inches... Nice local event, had a great time. Second place was 13.95 lbs, so we just made it.

Fish were all shallow and we caught them dipping the willow bushes with the telescoping long rods. We also tried drifting deeper water for them, but they are still up shallow, very tight to cover.

We caught the majority of the fish on Microspoons "Old Reliable" jigs and their "Dock Demon" jigs. After the jig bodies were worn out from getting hammered, I switched to YUM beavertails... Chartruse was HOT. Chris also pulled a bonus walleye on a Microspoon.

Now I have something to talk about at the crappie fishing seminar I'm doing Wedesday at the North Canton Gander Mountain store. LOL!
    Microspoons Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Carl.
    I also won our tournament at Atwood Saturday. We have a tournament at West Branch this Saturday, the 24th. I have decided to make it and Berlin lake events both opens so the locals can get in. I know nothing about either since I haven't fished them in many years but know what great lakes they are. Hey if you can swing it come join us.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Let me check some things out... I'll let you know.
    Microspoons Pro Staff