Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shelbyville Crappie

Ranger Cup Boat Guest

Default Shelbyville Crappie

After two weeks of catching my limit on each trip. The cold front hit my fish hard. The water temp. went from 64 down to 55. The deep fish are small but plentiful. The wind was brutal but the fish will bounce back quickly I hope. The rivers are producing some big fish but you can't get a boat to them yet. Reports of a few fish as big as fifteen inches being caught up around Asa and Johnathon in Kaskaskia

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Good to hear a report!

Good to hear from you Ranger. I will be getting down there Thursday night. PM me your cell number if you want to meet up. I can show you some of my sponsor's stuff if you want too. I wil be prefishing all day on Friday.

Are you going to get into the CAST tournament there on 4/30/05? If so, tell them big Tim sent yas! Keep the reports coming! Thanks!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Ranger Cup Boat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
    Good to hear from you Ranger. I will be getting down there Thursday night. PM me your cell number if you want to meet up. I can show you some of my sponsor's stuff if you want too. I wil be prefishing all day on Friday.

Are you going to get into the CAST tournament there on 4/30/05? If so, tell them big Tim sent yas! Keep the reports coming! Thanks!

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Ranger Cup Boat Guest

Tim, My name is Steve Welch. I run a guide service on the lake and you can look at my web-site if you like. It is www.*************************. I have a guide trip on Wednesday and both days this weekend. I have a full time job but am allowed to work four days a week so I can guide more in the spring. I have been on the fish now for about ten days. This weekends cold front zapped them but that won't last. They are getting real good fish up the rivers but we can't get our boats up there yet. I am catching my fish on the north end by targeting 4-6 ft. of water and laydowns. I am casting an eighth ounce jig and a Charlie Brewer Slider. White with a chartreuse tail.
    Last edited by Ranger Cup Boat; 04-25-2005 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have talked with you there before. My partner is Bart Tirpak from Cerra Gordo. The Benson's said the fishing has been improving there as well. Haven't talked with Payne, or Doc, or Cliff yet. I'm sure they are hookin them too. See ya on the water!

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Ranger Cup Boat Guest

Tim and Dean got second last weekend over in Indiana. One less for me to worry about at Decatur. I am fishing there tomorrow. Don't know a ton about it but have a good map marked with lots of brush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Cup Boat
    Tim and Dean got second last weekend over in Indiana. One less for me to worry about at Decatur. I am fishing there tomorrow. Don't know a ton about it but have a good map marked with lots of brush.
    Thats a 1st place finish as far as I'm concerned. Rick S. & Mike W. are just about unbeatable on Monroe.

I don't have squat to offer you as far as help on Decatur other than fish around the boat docks. I've never been on it, but that is all the advise I've heard from the locals. Luck to ya though! I won't be at that one.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim
    What ramp are you going to use on Shelbyville ? If I can get away I would like to come over and meet you . I have too many things to do this weekend and no time to do all of them . I haven't been on Shelbyville for a couple of weeks so I can't give you any advice on whats going on . Between my job and the howling wind I can't get over there like I should . If I don't get over to meet you good luck .
    See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from the CAST tournament weigh-in. Eighteen teams were entered and several teams didn't weigh in any fish. Only saw one or two teams with limits. The winning team had 8.65 lbs. and the three largest crappie went 1.27, 1.26, and 1.24 lbs. Got to meet Tim the rippa lippa mon. Some of the pros said it was a tough day.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Can't win them all, even if it is your partner's home lake!

It was nice to meet you Ken. I would of liked to have spent more time speaking with you. So little time, so many people and obligations.

We did not fare well at this event. I was unable to pre-fish at all, and my partner only got to fish after 5pm for a couple days before the tournament. His game plan did not produce good fish, plain and simple... we spent way too much time running from place to place to try and find active fish.

It was a big let down for us. The team that won the event and took the big fish honors, was the last team that could have knocked us out of 1st place for the National Team's Points race this year. They got 'er done n the 2nd to last tournament this year! The Thompson's are some heavy weight, big guns to try to beat. They found their fish 11' deep near Coal Shaft holding tight inside of brush piles. Good job 'ole boys! We will see you at the Classic for some pay backs. <,"}/>{ Rippa