Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...chaser/219.jpg

i also tie this with led barbell eyes and led wire to get through the duck grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Your post begs a question: Does your fly catch fish? How do you work it? Recipe?
    Steve
    Southern Drawl Kayak Fishing
    Native Watercraft-endorsed guide
    gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGibson View Post
    Your post begs a question: Does your fly catch fish? How do you work it? Recipe?
    yes it does i apologize ,i fish this fly slow two inch strips i count down(ie: how long does it take to drop one foot).
    with gills a fall and a lite twitch will get em most times,the chinks take a lot more time.
    the hook is a #4 Mustad #3250r,the body is pearl estaz,i use pearl and color it with permanent markers.
    the eyes can be lead barbells ,beedchain,or mono,depending on the weight i am looking for ,i also use lead wire for deep fishing.
    i tie the tail first,thean take the estaz body a little past half way up the hook ,tie the eyes back about 1/8 if an inch from the hook eye.
    this allows the addition of flash tied in front of the eyes and behind the eyes (clouser style)and last the legs (if you tie the kegs tight behind the eyes they will flair,if you give them a little room behind the eyes they will flow forward of the hook eye.
    an easy fly to tie and very productive .

Post Thanks / Like

Looks fishy to me. I think I'll try it. :D
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg