Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts about a LOWES boat????

BOLIO Guest

Default Your thoughts about a LOWES boat????

I am in the market for a new boat (maybe used)... Today I looked at the 195 Lowes crappie edition..... I liked it alot... I liked the live wells, 9'6" rod box, the width, room, and pretty much everything else. What I don't know is how the boat will stand the test of time.

I will fish for crappie, bluegill, white bass and black bass. My lakes are in texas (Conroe, Livingston, Sam Rayburn, toledo bend).

Thoughts on this rig (looking at a 90hp Mercury, 55lb trolling motor, gps Lowrance at the console, and fishfinder at the bow) would be appreciated.... Also, what should I be looking at from a different manufacturer....thanks in advance.......Mark

p.s. The fishing machine from Lowes is about the same price....?????

Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about a Lowe, they're tough. Made in Lebanon, MO. Company became part of Genmar some years ago, then sold to Brunswick (Owner of Mercury). Still see a lot of the old red/silver color scheme on the water. Oh yeah, after sitting out the 5 yr. agreement, the owners of Lowe went on to found G3 for Yamaha. (They're good aluminum boats too).
    Last edited by ShortStorie; 05-16-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: addition

Post Thanks / Like

If you get a Lowe, you can have my old name: "LoweLife"

Post Thanks / Like

If you get a Lowe you'll love it. They are good boats with a lot of excellent features. I live within 30 miles of the plant, the main paint guy is my neighbor. If you get one you can just about bet my neighbor put the finishing touches on it!!

As stated before Brunswick bought them out, since Brunswick bought out Triton they are now making Tritions out of the same plant. Lowe & Triton are now pretty much the same boat - different paint and stickers.

Hope you get the one you want, you'll like it!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my lowe 185 for four years i do a lot of tournament fishing and have put alot of hours and have put it through a lot you wont be sorry they are good boats,iwould get another one again.
    Take a kid fishing

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe

HAve a Lowe170dv [croppie boat] for 4 yrs,
    90 hp. merc with MK 80 lb ---its been a good boat to fish out of
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a 2000-16' Lowe Roughneck. While it was just a basic jon boat, it was built like a tank. I wouldn't hesitate to get another, based on the quality I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lowe

I own a 93 Lowe 170. Never had 1 issue with the boat, wiring or anything. Only thing I have done is replaced the seats , put a 70 lb. minn kota on it, and eventually I upgraded the electronics. GREAT BOAT! Been to Reelfoot once a year since new and have never loosened up a rivet yet. Good Fishing Don

Post Thanks / Like

The test of time! I have what we call a reelfoot boat and you no lake realfoot what its famous for stumps and alot of em mine is what i call the old wide glide reel wide beem had it for 20 years bought it from some old timer who had it for some yaers and for shallow water fishen i wouldnt have any thing else!!Almost like a river john. I like the looks of some of the new ones and would cinsider buying another one for sure but would have to research some to! But love mine!! For Shallow water fishen is what we do most water shed river beds oxbows and the next thing i would like to put on it would be a mud buddy or go devil engine. But thats just to suit my needs (little duck hunten too . good luck RFY!!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2005 Lowes 180w with an 90 e-tech.I like the boat but there are some things that I think would improve it like, more storage boxes(only has two) and one less live well(has three).You can look at mine on my web site. www.greenriverlakecrappietrips.com
    Last edited by KyTeacher; 05-18-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast