Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who share's fishing tip's @ the boat ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who share's fishing tip's @ the boat ramp?

I alway's do.I am a big talker and will approach anyone to ask what they are fishing for.If I know anything about what they are going for I will offer all info I know.I told 2 guy's the other day where I caught a bunch of fish on the bed and what technique I used and saw them a few day's later and they thanked me.I have asked for advice from time to time at the ramp and get the cold shoulder quite a few time's.Im just curious as to what you do.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Won't give up the exact spot. Only exception is if they have kids or grandpa with them, then I'll take them myself. Like you, I just am after new technics or color combonations. I talk to guys on the fishing isle in Wallly World, and trade secrets. One I learned there was spring time slabs love a pink head jig with a brown bodied fire orange tail. I never would have dreamed this would work. But the old fella swore by it. I bought them on spot and it is now one of my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bad habit of telling all my secrets too. It's allright though because I think it builds camaraderie among fishermen and improves the health of the sport. I'd rather someone ask me for advice or a suggestion than just pull up and mark my spot with their GPS.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Black Crow that is funny as I have never had anyone mark my spot with gps.I guess my spot is not that good lol.And willk I cant refuse a grandpa or a bunch of kid's either.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to share too. Not that I volunteer to tell folks, but if somebody asks, I'm happy to help 'em out.

Post Thanks / Like

You give a little you get a little. I'll hand out A few jigs if I had some that were working. I've had people do that for me and like them, I just like to see people catch fish. Especially kids. I've learned more about everything by just visiting with people than I ever did from books. My family gives me a hard time because I will talk with people anytime, anywhere. They're like, "Don't let dad get started cause we'll never get out of here!"

Post Thanks / Like

Most fishermen I know will not give out much information! But my grandfather will tell anybody anything they want to know!! I bet if you asked him where he caught some fish he will tell you the exact stump or brushtop he caught them by, how deep he caught them, what bait he was using, and I bet he will tell how many times he had to jig it before he got a bite! He is just old fashioned and loves to share stories!
    "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Specktater View Post
    My family gives me a hard time because I will talk with people anytime, anywhere. They're like, "Don't let dad get started cause we'll never get out of here!"
    LOL!!!! I've got the same problem. Doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, I flap my jaws with people. My son makes the exact same comment "Don't let dad get started cause we'll never get out of here!". :D My wife just says I'm worse than an old woman, and will do whatever she can to tactfully get me to shut up and move along. LOL! Maybe it's just a fisherman thing!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually help most anyway I can. There are exceptions to that though.

Post Thanks / Like

Most crappie fisherman tend to be helpful, others not so much. I'm more than willing to help anybody catch fish. I will tell them the area, jig color, depth, presentation or anythign else. They still have to know they are getting a bite and set the hook, most people won't be very successful even if you take them to the spot and hold their hand. It takes time on the water getting use to the very small peck or movement in line.

I have fished with a retired BASS fellow and he claims the difference between a weekend warrior and a pro is the pro knows when he is getting a bite. Think about, every uses the same things in the same areas. How many of us have been in the boat with an old timer and have been outfished 2 to 1, 3 to 1 and using the same thing in the same area. Luck has very little to do with it.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast