Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early to Rise?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early to Rise?

Does anyone think it is beneficial to be out on the water at the crack of dawn when crappie are spawning? I think it is in clear water situations where they might not be able to see you as well in low light conditions, but I don't know about murky water. Sometimes it's just hard to get up at 6:00am on a Saturday and Sunday when you're up at 4:45 every morning during the week, but I always still do, just wondering if you guys think it is necessary to be up at the a$$crack of dawn.

Post Thanks / Like

BCM i can tell ya the last two trips we have been down the afternoon bite was much better than the morning bite.They would bite more active in the shallow water as the water temp rose.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the afternoon bite is better in the early Spring. I think it is less important during the spawn and early morning is better, after the spawn and through the summer...

That is my $.02 and worth exactly what you paid for it...:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

I work at 1:00,so most of my fishing is from 7 a.m. to 11 or so.I can't compare it to the evening bite,but I certainly notice a decline in bites after 10 a.m.

Post Thanks / Like

"There ain't but one time to go fishing, that's when ever you can."

It really doesn't make any difference. Sure there are periods during the day where fish bite better, but had you been to that spot two hours earlier would they not have taken your jig? I believe fish can and will (depending on weather conditions) move throughout the day. If you are in the right spot, at the right time, using the right bait/lure worked in the correct manner you WILL be successful.

I've fished enough tournaments to know 99.9% of the time someone on the lake will catch fish. My neighbor always says there must be a hungry crappie somewhere, all we have to do is find him!

If you enjoy getting up early then do so, if you want to sleep in then do it!!!! Don't worry about the time of day, just go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I say fish when you want to.. If tired from getting up early all week, fish later. I fish in the afternoons and prefer evenings for the same reason you brought up.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the morning bite is the best, right next to the dusk bite. The morning is good also because hopefully there has not been 10 boats down the bank your fishing.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I am a late starter, and I catch lots of fish, in the spring them cool mornings is as rough on the fish as they are on me. I say start late quit early and have fun

Post Thanks / Like

I get up at 4 or 5 every morning and go to work. However, I love to fish so much, whenever I get a chance I am usually awake by 3 waiting on the sun to come up. Whether the bite is good or bad, I can't wait to get on the water. On LOZ you better get started early because the big boats come out earlier and earlier every year.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I've definately noticed the past few weekends the big boats have started to come alive , so I try to get out as early as I can on LOZ. Plus there's usually alot of tourney's goin out of Cauffman, so gettin there early gets ya a descent parkin spot:D As far as the bite goes, I think the later bite is better, but that's just my opinion.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast