Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Purple/Chartruse jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple/Chartruse jig

Me and a buddy took a trip recently over to lake Talquin and picked up some jigs at the boat launch. I can't remember the name of the place but he had a whole wall of grubs. I bought probably $70 worth and have had real good luck here at home with one that was kinda clear purple with flakes inside and a chartreuse curly tail. If anyone knows the name of the shop or where I can buy some of these in bulk, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

I have had good luck with purple and chartreuse.

I was bragging about it in this previous post couple days ago. Killer jig this year.

Tom

http://crappie.com/crappie/showthread.php?t=66820
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

LSU jig - real popular in Louisiana! Don't know how well they work though.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I make a LSU jig that a good number of people use. Also I was bream fishing last week using a 1/64 with Chart head and purple synthetic hair and doing well with it.

Have also hear some like a pink head and purple body and tail.

The little 1/64 is the only time I tried purple, but it was working for sure.

Sorry can't help with the ones you got as I don't know the place at all.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Buzz,that would be your Kalin Wildcat clear,purple,gold flakes,chartruse tail,The Crappie Shop.com ,Gray Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good jig i usaly use the black mister twister or the clear microshad
    a bad day fishing is better than a good day at school

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Outlaw,

I looked around online for that exact color and can't seem to find it. Its really hard to tell from some of the websites small pics. Do you know somewhere I can look at a pic before I order. Will probably order a couple hundred along with some other colors and heads.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Buzz those pictures ain't much good,even on the k-bait site. If you got em at the lodge thecrappieshop.com is your place. He supplies em. Give Steve a shout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabkid View Post
    sounds like a good jig i usaly use the black mister twister or the clear microshad
    Were does elictric chicken fit in? And casting jigs this year the go to color was always for me chart. or even to start with and use for the whole day( whole day being for me 7:00 to 1:00) or the good old go to's black /chart. but i dont even use them anymore unless its a new area like a water shed/ river bed. I was not catching any fish and by useing a black twister tail on a infamous jig head i use all of a sudden caught me 1 then 2 then 3 4 5 whooa. not worrying about water clarity just the other things like sound/ vibrato something new witch i would joke to my friends / when they say whats that my reply is the ugly bug !! A black twister tail like slab kid said! All of the sudden it worked for me !! I will leave it as that! Black can play an important role in catch'en fish when fish'en is slow I'am convienced. Me an west tenn. yesterday were at a place i wnted to check out and low and behold when we got to the launch ramp a feller was casting from the bankand had a stringer he said in 15/20 mins 10to12 nice stripes and it was the color black and white witch iff you river bed fishen and your not doing any good maybe you might try one Dont claim to no it all never will' but sure like to fish good luck fishers of men. john
    Reel foot yankee