Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need suggestions for reel modifications....pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need suggestions for reel modifications....pics

Rainy days good time to work on my R/C pontoon project. The line jumps off the spool between the reel housing and reel spool when too much slack get in the line. It gets tangled in the reel gear motor, and breaks the line. That is how I lost the fish in my R/C video a couple of weeks ago.

I have added a cut piece of craft foam to fill in the gap between the reel housing and the reel spool.

From the pics, you can see where the line exits the spool between housing and reel spool. It is a little crack around all these cheap reels made by Martin. ( I have plenty).

If this doesn't work, I am open for suggestions now and forever 'til it work.

Pics are the before after views and the R/C.

Thanks

Tom

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

If that doesn't work, you could possibly use sinking fly line with a leader. By the way that is a master peace. Keep us informed on your progress. I keep wanting to build a R/C gun and camera for those cold morning deer hunting. That way I could stay at the camp next to a warm fire all the while watching for that trophy on the monitor.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up It's here

I realize your post was probably a joke, BUT--Remote camera complete with gun is being made. I read where many states are already banning the practice. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

You might be better off with a level wind reel that is used for bass fishing with anti-reverse turned off. I would check the pawn shops.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011