Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Girardeau

Post Thanks / Like

Default Girardeau

I figure it's been touched on before, but here it is again. I went...didn't catch any, well two...small ones. This is in my opinion the best looking lake in this area. For the unlocals-It's got deep water(up to thirty, mostly twenty's) in the main creek channel. It tapers off to low banks on the north side with flats in the 3 to 12' ranges. Why is the crappie so few and far between? It's not like I don't think there is any there, because I can't catch any. There are times when I couldn't catch them out of a barrel. There has been too many people say that they haven't been able to catch them either. Any body got any ideas as to why? Anyone ever talked with any of the fisheries biologists about it? The bass and bluegill seem to be doing ok. I haven't caught any cats out of there, so I don't know how they are doing. I remember someone said once that there were muskie or pike put in there, but haven't heard of anyone catching any of those either?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mo Conservation Dept. did experiment with stocking muskies a few years back. It seems after that, the crappie fishing has been poor at best. There are still crappie in there but they are few and far between. Girardeau was once loaded with slabs. The bluegill and bass are doing good and catfish are fair to good but not the specks. By the way, I don't think the muskies really did as well as they had hoped. Its not the same lake that it was in the 70's and early 80's.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The Dead Sea

Don't waste your time!