Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapala ac/dc fillet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapala ac/dc fillet knife

Anyone use the rapala a/c d/c knife and like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep got one and it has done good so far for the last year. But I'll have to see if it stands the test of time.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine for 2 years and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Science hill at?

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and like it so far. I've only had it for a couple months. One thing I notice is that it seems to get pretty warm after fileting several fish. Other than that, no problems at all.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Newblade ...

Quote Originally Posted by newblade View Post
    Where is Science hill at?
    Science Hill is a little North of Somerset, in Pulaski County (just off US 27)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the rapala ac/dc fillet knife for a while. It works fine, but I'm not a big fan of using it at the house with ac current. the cord is a bit long. I can see where it would be real handy if you were somewhere w/out electricity, you could use your battery to fillet the fish, but I prefer the simpler ozark angler cause I usually stay someplace with electricity. It's a nice set up, and I do like the additional set of blades that came with mine, but putting that cord back in that case can be sort of difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for two years without any problem. It's nice to have the DC option at the campground. New blades seem to be harder to find than some but they can can be found at Wally World or BPS on occasion.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I was filleting about a limit or two of fish a week with mine, it was a 12V knife with a 110V cord with converter. First it was getting a bit too warm before I was done with a limit of 25 fish, and too hot before I did two limits. Then it seemed to lose power. By the end of the first summer, the plastic gears stripped out.

I tried a <$20 American Angler and it didn't make it through the first set of fish. It had no power and was about worthless to me.

I now use ONLY vintage Black and Decker or GE EK15 kitchen electric slicing knives and they seem almost indestructable. Made in USA or Brazil, never China. I tape the trigger to keep it ON all the time, plug it in, finish a limit or two, and unplug it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I still use mine!

Because I fillet mostly all bluegill, I like the Rapala with the 6" blade and can't find another company that offers a 6" pointed blade. In 3 years of hard use I have tore down a pair of them to fix the trigger.( It sticks on) Both would get hot on me but I just switched knifes.
    I use them mostly powered by a little 12v battery from my Vexilar.
    I finally retired one to the trash after many 1000s of gills.
    I just bought a 110v Rapala to replace it for use at home. I'm in hope that it will be a little stronger motor.
    The 12v is still the only knife that I can throw in a bucket along with the little battery and a stainless bowl and have a easy transport system.
    I still wish there was a competetive option for them to compete with.
    I also think the designer of the Rapalla carrying case should have to use the kinfe and store it a hundred times to get the full affect of the anguish he has caused.
    Another plus for the knife is that replacement blades here local at Gander Mountain are 7 bucks.
    I still recomed this knife for panfish. For cats and large fish go with joewildlife's recomendation and get a kitchen knife. Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast