PDA

View Full Version : What ya eatin?

willk
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
A little off topic but, just curious what kind of food or snacks you bring out fishing. I like to night fish and there are times when the hunger pains hit. I alway have a few cans of vienna sausages in the boat. My sister drives me crazy with Pistachios, shells all over the boat. I also have also found the Sam's Trail Mix Cajun flavor is great while waiting for that thump.

78mudbug
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
beenie weenies are sweet when your starving

Quicksilver1958
05-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Granola bars, Zagnut candy bars, the wife's chicken salad sandwiches, Honey buns, chips, big can of cashews, beer, pop and a thermos of coffee....

If I'm not busy catching em,,,, it's gonna be one heck of a picnic!

luvjign
05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
One of 3 fine delicasies.......Beenie Weenies, Potted Meat, or Vienna Sausages......with a side of crackers, of course;)

PapermouthLegend
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Jack Links beef jerky and Natures Valley Sweet and Salty nut bars. Frozen 2 liter of water and I'm set.

chaunc
05-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Garlic baloney sammich, some hard boiled eggs seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a couple frozen gatorades. Stay up-wind.... or :eek:

joejv4
05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
I usually bring a bottle of water or two with me and get so involved with my fishing that I forget to drink any. End up feeling dehydrated by the time we get back to the launch and end up guzzling two bottles before pulling the boat out. I figure that if I can't remember to take a drink of water while I'm fishing, I ain't gonna remember to eat either. So I don't bother taking any food with me.

My son, on the other hand, usually brings a pack of pop-tarts as a snack.

Baxter1
05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Iusually stop along the way at the Red&White and get some Stillers almost famous bologna or pepper sticks and munch on the way.If there is any left i put that in the cooler for later.There are several meat markets around,I can get ring bologna there.I love that stuff.

Limb Snagger
05-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Garlic baloney sammich, some hard boiled eggs seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a couple frozen gatorades. Stay up-wind.... or :eek:

Remind me not to fish on the same lake as you. :D:D

Little Debbie is my best friend with whatever the snack of the week is for me. Then some tater or corn chips, a couple of bottles of water, a few sodas, and a sandwich. What don't get eaten while fishin', the dogs get when I get home. They love it when I come home early! :D

bigfish5
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
i get breakfast steaks for $1.25 each. i normally cook 3 or 4 for my partner and myself. put them and a slice of cheese on a big ol' mega bun and you are set for a few hours.

Ken Kinser
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Tuna fish snack packs,gronial bars snack crackers

gabowman
05-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Usually a couple ham/lettuce sammiches, chips, and some candy bars/sunflower seeds. Some drinks and ready to hit the lake for a nightstalk.

Slipped Cork
05-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Cheese cracker's,a pkg of ham,bread and a couple mountain dew's usually do me.Diet of course cause with regular I would go crazy when not getting a bite.

Specktater
05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Peanut butter toast crackers, Jack Links beef sticks, peanuts, water and pepsi helps me maintain peak concentration and makes my body a finely tuned fishing machine. As long as I don't have to make too many sudden movements.:)

Luke77
05-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Turkey sandwich, few beers, plenty of water, and I'm set.

DRPEPPER
05-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I havn't had much to say lately. But, I can comment on this thread!!:p If I am going to my local hole, I can't resist stopping by a conveinence / bait store to get a baloney sandwich along with either bbq or sour cream chips. Of course It all has to be washed down with Dr Pepper. If I am going to some of the longer hauls (1 hr or more from the house) I might take a buddy along. Then we have to take the mini grill and maybe do some brats on the shore for lunch.
I quit dipping snuff a couple of years ago. It dosen't bother me until I get in the boat. Now I am either doing sunflower seeds or pistachios. They ain't as good as snuff though.
DP

poppop
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Beenie Weenies, Potted Meat, and Vienna sausages.....those are three of the food groups. Oh and saltine crackers.

shockley32
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Deer summer sasuage and a few crackers. That stuff really hits the spot.

ad1974
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Slim Jims,Beef Jerky,peanuts and some sodas.

foul hook
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Beenee weenie , potted (caviar) meat, and sardines are the tops. Sardines conquer the hunger pain and will stay with you for a while an blow your wifes mind when you get home. Cant beat the Bumble Bee brand.

Whitecap
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Whatever Luvjign brings. :):):)

Jignjim
05-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Chedder cheese cut up into small squares along with some salltine crackers, A jug of cold homemade ice tea, usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a few oreo chocolate cookies, a couple of packs of nabs and a few pepsi colas. We usually fish until we run out of food, and then come home.

wrwest
05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
If I am going to be out all day, PBJ sandwich cold drinks, chips. or what ever I can find in the cupboards, that the kids haven't consumed.

PaCrappieHunter
05-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Beef Jerky, Egg Sandwich, Chips, Cheese, and Drinks. Sometimes I bring other things but what is listed here is what I bring the most.

catman
05-17-2008, 05:57 AM
a cold weiner and a slice of bread and a jug of water suits me just fine.

toothpick
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Fried Spam or Bologna sandwich.

beagle man
05-26-2008, 09:04 AM
with the exception of peanut butter and jelly all of the above

knifemaker
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Barbecue Vienna sausage (Libby's) and pottied meat always in the boat and sometimes a trail mix granola bar might make it onboard. Love That vienna!!

DaveCourington
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Lunch/dinner items include pork and beans, vienna sausages, saltines, sardines in hot sauce or in mustard, diet cokes/diet Dr. Peppers, peanut butter crackers, duplex creme cookies. If I am out early, I usually have a nice big sausage or bacon biscuit and diet coke or diet Dr. Pepper.

STUMP HUNTER
05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Lunch/dinner items include pork and beans, vienna sausages, saltines, sardines in hot sauce or in mustard, diet cokes/diet Dr. Peppers, peanut butter crackers, duplex creme cookies. If I am out early, I usually have a nice big sausage or bacon biscuit and diet coke or diet Dr. Pepper.

Dave, good to see you are watching your diet:D The things us fisherman eat:D

DaveCourington
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Dave, good to see you are watching your diet:D The things us fisherman eat:D

Well, they say you gotta cut back somewhere and it is easier to drink a diet drink than to give up on the vienna sausages and crackers... Besides, fishing is a really active sport...:)

STUMP HUNTER
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, they say you gotta cut back somewhere and it is easier to drink a diet drink than to give up on the vienna sausages and crackers... Besides, fishing is a really active sport...:)

LOL:D:D

minnowsoaker
05-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Jalapeno vienna's, boiled peanuts, hot pork rinds, chocolate or banana moon pie and a RC cola and a couple of Bud lights.